• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Frame rate

Jonnoi

Recognized Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys just a quick thought!

What frame rate do you guys usually shoot in? I usually shoot 24 fps but want to see what other Frame rates you guys use

Reactions: Damon

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys just a quick thought!

What frame rate do you guys usually shoot in? I usually shoot 24 fps but want to see what other Frame rates you guys use

Great question! Depends the content for IRL stuff I do 24fps for a more cinematic look! However, for streams I find 30FPS works better, and plays better live, ideally 60FPS for the "LIve Look" Similar to gaming I usually record that in 60FPS! I guess for me it depends the content! :D

• Love
Reactions: Damon and Jonnoi
OP
OP
Jonnoi

Jonnoi

Recognized Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
Ha ha..sounds cool. I'm very new to videography , photography is my hobby and wow it's a whole new world lol. I love cinematic looks too so that's why I shoot mostly 24fps unless I wanna get some really cool broll footage I shoot in 60fps since that's the highest I can go with my current camera then process as 24fps in post. Took me a while to get used to premiere .I've used both final cut and premiere and both get the job done It on their own ways lol.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Ha ha..sounds cool. I'm very new to videography , photography is my hobby and wow it's a whole new world lol. I love cinematic looks too so that's why I shoot mostly 24fps unless I wanna get some really cool broll footage I shoot in 60fps since that's the highest I can go with my current camera then process as 24fps in post. Took me a while to get used to premiere .I've used both final cut and premiere and both get the job done It on their own ways lol.

I agree! Another thing to consider for higher FPS I shoot sometimes in 120FPS for slow mo on my GH5, and I love it, it's only downside is limited to 1080p XD What resolution are you shooting in? Full HD? 4k? 8K? :)

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I record in 60fps 1080p..
Tried 4k but was too draining on my editing software..

OP
OP
Jonnoi

Jonnoi

Recognized Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
I agree! Another thing to consider for higher FPS I shoot sometimes in 120FPS for slow mo on my GH5, and I love it, it's only downside is limited to 1080p XD What resolution are you shooting in? Full HD? 4k? 8K? :)
Lolol I'm limited to 1080p too XD...the struggles....at least you can shoot 120fps

OP
OP
Jonnoi

Jonnoi

Recognized Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
I can do 4K :D That's what all the TB videos we do are in :)
Lol .I did a cinematic video of my car today and I felt so limited :(...I need a new camera soon...lol! Worse this camera is crop sensor...I don't use the canon 5d mark 2 That often. So heavyyyyy

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, many films have been shot on film frames half the size of micro 4/3. 16mm and Super 16mm film frames have shot more documentary films over the years than anything. Hard pressed to stay those don't look "cinematic."

APS-C sensors are very close to Academy 35mm--full frame for motion picture. Canon 5d what photographers call "full-frame" is Vista Vision in motion picture terms. So the camera doesn't matter, you're not limited, and you can achieve whatever look you want on any of these modern cameras.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnoi

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, many films have been shot on film frames half the size of micro 4/3. 16mm and Super 16mm film frames have shot more documentary films over the years than anything. Hard pressed to stay those don't look "cinematic."

APS-C sensors are very close to Academy 35mm--full frame for motion picture. Canon 5d what photographers call "full-frame" is Vista Vision in motion picture terms. So the camera doesn't matter, you can achieve whatever look you want on any of these modern cameras.

Also cinematic is more shot composition, story telling, lighting, then format you shot it in like Full HD or 4K! :)

• Love
Reactions: Jonnoi and Damon