• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Is it worth posting content to Facebook

Dradus

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi, I made a Facebook account for my gaming channel. Is it really worth posting Youtube videos to Facebook? How does this get discovered when it's only on your wall etc. I saw a lot of promotion groups however it looks like they are sub for sub. I know that would be a fake community so I'm not interested. Are there any TubeBuddy endorsed Facebook channels. I added to the TubeBuddy page.

Does anyone know of any decent groups? I'm fine with self promote but not sub for sub.

Dvyne

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I think the point of using facebook is to find the niche audience your content addresses on facebook. You'd be surprised how many groups for the content you make exist on facebook. I see you do War thunder and Wow content. There are groups there for that so you can share your videos in those groups.

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
I'm currently just putting it up on my personal account, but I'll probably shift it to its own FB account at some point.

Reactions: Dradus

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi, I made a Facebook account for my gaming channel. Is it really worth posting Youtube videos to Facebook? How does this get discovered when it's only on your wall etc. I saw a lot of promotion groups however it looks like they are sub for sub. I know that would be a fake community so I'm not interested. Are there any TubeBuddy endorsed Facebook channels. I added to the TubeBuddy page.

Does anyone know of any decent groups? I'm fine with self promote but not sub for sub.

We support some, bit our core community is here on the forums. FB is good like @Dvyne said :)

Reactions: Dradus and Dvyne

Niki Proshin

Known Member
I am not sure yet if Facebook posts are making a difference for my channel, but I write a Facebook post (and also VK post for my Russian viewers) right before uploading a new video on my channel. I don't repeat myself with those posts, but rather write a tiny article on a topic of my latest video.
Like my last upload was about one of my days in Thailand while traveling on a budget, and I wrote a post on Facebook with more details about that day.

Hope that my words make sense. I will keep doing like this for some time, and then see if it attracts any traffic.
Ah, and personally for me that's also the way to develop the skill of writing in English. So even if it won't make a difference for YouTube channel, it's still a useful time for me.

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I post on my facebook page every video I do. Figure it cant hurt anything and have actually got likes to the page and videos. now to get them to click over to youtube lol.

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
I'm a beginner as well, and the vast majority of my views are coming from me posting on my FB account at the moment.

Reactions: Niki Proshin

RobBalasabas

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is a really good question and one that I think about all the time.....

I think it depends on your goal with your videos.

If your goal is to grow your YouTube channel:
By posting your full videos on Facebook, it takes way the need for your facebook audience to visit your YouTube channel since they can access your videos on Facebook.

What I've done with Facebook is to either..

A. Post just the thumbnail, with an intriguing copy to get them to click and watch the video on my YouTube Channel.
B. Edit a 30-60 second trailer of the full video, with an endscreen that tells them to watch the full video on YouTube

It's also important to note that *most* people on Facebook aren't there to consume long-form videos. BUT, when those exact same viewers go to YouTube, they are conditioned and prepared to consume long-form content. Of course, there are exceptions with some long-form videos that get totally consumed there all the time.

I hope this helps.

So TL:DR
1. Try sharing just the thumbnails, and sending them to your full YT video from FB.
2. Create a trailer, with an endscreen that sends them to YouTube for the full video.

:)

White Bread

TubeBuddy Pro
Hi Dradus!

According to the YouTube analytics of our channel more than half of our viewers come from facebook.
I don't upload any of the videos to facebook directly, because the end goal is to bring the viewers to the Youtube account. However, I did join, probably, hundreds of groups related to the topic of the channel (music, video, entertainment and the absurd).

What I do is, write a little catchy description explaining what the video is about and what kind of music styles are represented in it and post it to the groups I am in with the Youtube link. (I found it helpful to introduce the posts properly, so people already know what they are getting into )
I noticed a lot of my videos started conversations in some of those groups and I, of course, try to participate in the discussion. That way, in my experience, you give people value, while they are giving you feedback, that way your are making a community around what you do and getting to know your potential fans/subscribers, and as a bonus, I got to discover a lot of cool bands while roaming through some of the musical groups. It can be a little bit time consuming and I try to not to abuse the groups by posting all the time and only my own content. I do it about 2 to 3 times a week tops, meanwhile I try to give back by listening to other people's posts and participating in the discussion.

I hope this little insight helps you!

Tara

Niki Proshin

Known Member
A. Post just the thumbnail, with an intriguing copy to get them to click and watch the video on my YouTube Channel.
B. Edit a 30-60 second trailer of the full video, with an endscreen that tells them to watch the full video on YouTube

I will try doing this next time! Thank you

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
Well over the course of about close to two weeks I've posted on various groups about nearly 300 times. And according to youtube analytics in that time frame I have gotten about 620 views from facebook. So surely not a ton. But an average of a little over 2 views per post is a decent amount I suppose.

Reactions: AurigaDave

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Well over the course of about close to two weeks I've posted on various groups about nearly 300 times. And according to youtube analytics in that time frame I have gotten about 620 views from facebook. So surely not a ton. But an average of a little over 2 views per post is a decent amount I suppose.

True! Also if you're bringing them over to YouTube from FB that's really good too :D

Reactions: AurigaDave

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I was having this discussion recently and we were wondering on average what percentage of viewers become subscribers. I suppose it depends on how well you have identified your Forum niche on the Facebook groups joined.

RandomFamilia

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal

I have found two good fb groups for myself, the one I was invited to by another YouTuber, we are in a community together on YT and the other is specifically for family youtubers, but I have found some that are not legit and are sub 4 sub and are not good at all. The other two are not sub 4 sub, so they are out there.

JourneyVerse

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

100% facebook is massive , IΓÇÖm only a small channel and over 65% of my views come from Facebook

Outlaw Garage

In my experience, absolutely yes!
The ratio for people going to YouTube from FB is far higher than from instagram in my experience.

Outlaw Garage

I post on my business profile page but I'm also a member of some FB groups.

So to give an example, my channel is a car channel and I'm a member of a few FB car groups. My last video was of a Ford so I post the link to my video in related Ford groups. I am careful not to beg for views or subs but I put a kind soft request in the post. I make sure I reply to any comments on the post and I keep engaged.

Now my next video will be on a VW so I share in different groups and basically do the same thing.

Because I cover different brands it stops me posting every week in the same groups so it stops me spamming the same groups and keeps my posts fresh, I think this is something to be aware of.

So I would find groups that relate and my videos add value to.

Be careful not to spam.

I also spread my posts on the group if I post in a number of groups. I do this because people of like minds will be members of a few groups and it also spreads the promotion of you video and views.

Seems to work for me and I wouldn't have my subs without it I think.

Hope that helped