• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Is posting a lot of videos help your channel to grow?

GGT

TubeBuddy User
Is posting a lot of videos help your channel to grow? i heard about that if you post a lot of videos you will have better chances to get more audience so is it true?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
It depends on the quality of the videos and the size of the target audience. If you post 150 clickable, searchable videos that help people solve a problem, or provide an answer to a burning question, or satisfies some want or desire, all keyword optimized, entertaining and able to capture and hold people's attention, then, yes, you will have a better chance of building an audience.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
It depends on the quality of the videos and the size of the target audience. If you post 150 clickable, searchable videos that help people solve a problem, or provide an answer to a burning question, or satisfies some want or desire, all keyword optimized, entertaining and able to capture and hold people's attention, then, yes, you will have a better chance of building an audience.

This! To add, the more you focus on what your audience want, the better the videos can serve you in help building your channel! :D

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Absolutely Quality, Target, volume in that order IMHO

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've had a few debates with Roberto Blake about this, and I can see both sides.

I still personally prefer quality over quantity because for me, I want to be able to sit back in a year's time and still be reasonibly happy with what I've put out. I HAVE put out a handful of videos I wasn't 100% satisified with, with the "something is better than nothing" mentality, but it brings me no joy and gives me a bit of a dirty feeling. Having PUBLISHED something is the great feeling, but the content it'self I sometime wonder "why did I even publish it if it doesn't represent my skills?"

But to roberto's point of "make 100 crappy videos" I see value in that for certain people. He often uses the analogy of a marathon runner or a basketball player. You won't be playing for the NBA on your first video... you gotta keep practicing, falling, practicing, falling, making mistakes over time and learning from those mistakes.

Learning the craft over time is learning over quantity and I do see value in that to a degree.

That said I've seen soooo many channels with poorly lit videos. bad audio (a lot of my first videos I was using webcam audio which was pretty bad, so "crappy" videos might be accurate there) people who don't edit thier videos to the point there's awkward gaps, it's uncomfortable to watch and I really don't see how churning out 100 videos no matter how bad they are, are going to benifit anyone unless you learn something, and grow through the process.

Roberto often talks about how MKBHD and PewDiePie had to push out hundreds of videos before their first 100 subscribers... but do you think they thought in their mind "this video is awful, why would anyone want to watch this? oh well. quantity over quality?" or did they think "I put at least some sort of effort into this. I don't know what I'm doing but I'm trying to learn, and this is the best I can do right now and hopefully people will watch"

Quality I belief is about the effort you put in. Not necessarily a reflection of the image quality or sound quality or editing quality. All of that is subjective but if you can put some thought and effort into a video, that's quality regardless.

But I also know "quality over quantity is a lie" is a great marketing headline that will get people talking and discussing and get the topic thought and attention. "Just do the best you can do" doesn't get people going "Wait what!?" so I get why some people use alarming phrases to get attention. deep down in the messege I do get the point now.

That's my $3.50

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I agree, @Beanie Draws . It's a balance of quantity and quality. That balance will tilt and shift as you learn more. It's never fixed as one or the other. The best thing that happened for my videos was the book "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck." That changed my whole channel. Just like you said, because I started learning how to communicate with video, both the quality and the quantity went up. I didn't need to shoot as much footage, or talk as much because I simply filmed the action properly. That meant less time editing, or more time color grading or more time writing new stories for the next episode.

So, better quality led to greater quantity. Then greater quantity allowed me to refine the quality until I settled into my own natural rhythm and started filming exactly they way I wanted to film.

Last edited:
Reactions: AurigaDave