• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube SEO Why my last videos gain a lot of views for 1 day then stop suddenly ?

Kulture ChroniK

kulturechronik.fr
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone !

I have a YouTube channel of around 30k subscribers on tutorials and high-tech.

For a long time, when I posted a video, it started slowly then gradually gained more and more views ... but now for about 2-3 months the videos that I post wins a lot of views in 1 day (1000-2000 views ) then it's like they suddenly stop gaining views for the most part.

Where could it come from? Can this come from my description which contains too many external links (to my site, to online sales sites ...).

And I have a 2nd question, is it more important to have a video seen for a long time. For example 4 min seen on a 20 min video or 1 min seen on 2 min (better retention).

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: videosforkids

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone !

I have a YouTube channel of around 30k subscribers on tutorials and high-tech.

For a long time, when I posted a video, it started slowly then gradually gained more and more views ... but now for about 2-3 months the videos that I post wins a lot of views in 1 day (1000-2000 views ) then it's like they suddenly stop gaining views for the most part.

Where could it come from? Can this come from my description which contains too many external links (to my site, to online sales sites ...).

And I have a 2nd question, is it more important to have a video seen for a long time. For example 4 min seen on a 20 min video or 1 min seen on 2 min (better retention).

Thanks in advance.

If you have an audience of 30K it's probably the initial subscribers watching, then past that it's not getting seen or clicked what does your analytics say?

External links maybe, but only about 10 - 15% of people read descriptions according to YT, so I don't think that's it.

The longer people watch the better, but if you have two videos one 2 minutes, and one 4 minutes both have 50% the 4 minute one will do better since it's got LONGER average view duration.

OP
OP
Kulture ChroniK

Kulture ChroniK

kulturechronik.fr
Subscriber Goal
For the latest videos, around 75% subscribers and 25% non-subscribers
And always 5% subscribers and 95% non-subscribers

For the percentage of clicks per impression on average on 10 of the last videos: 3.38%
In 2019 (all videos): 5.4%
In 2018 (all videos): 5.1%