• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback thumbnail help

Jaded Aussie

TubeBuddy User
m.facebook.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi all, I'm not that great with making thumbnails so is there a easy program to learn on to self teach and help my channel pop.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Have you tried out the TubeBuddy Thumbnail Generator? :) You can use it directly on YouTube.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVnILqIhHk8

There's also Canva as well.

I'm currently using Photoshop, but there is a free tool called GIMP that is similar to Photoshop. It was the one I used before switching :)
There are many tutorials about it that you can find on YouTube.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Have you tried out the TubeBuddy Thumbnail Generator? :) You can use it directly on YouTube.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVnILqIhHk8

There's also Canvas as well.

I'm currently using Photoshop, but there is a free tool called GIMP that is similar to Photoshop. It was the one I used before switching :)
There are many tutorials about it that you can find on YouTube.

Great suggestions! What are you editing them on? Phone PC? :) This can help with suggestions!

Reactions: PhatBeetz

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
I use Canva and some captures from my videos right now. Teaching myself using Think Media and Nick Nimmin as well as Brian G Johnson channels.

Ricksreview

Build It Yourself!
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is a free way and easy way, but there are other ways, I actually use a software I bought in conjunction with this method.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I do all my work on the phone... Snapseed and Picsart are my go-to's.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
type "nick nimmin thumbnails" or "dee nimmin thumbnails" as well, dee nimmin has done a thumbnail making tutorial for mobile once. They both have a background in graphic design so they know their stuff.

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
type "nick nimmin thumbnails" or "dee nimmin thumbnails" as well, dee nimmin has done a thumbnail making tutorial for mobile once. They both have a background in graphic design so they know their stuff.
I love their channels! Really useful information. It's how I found you guys! :D

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Zainab Riyaz

TubeBuddy User
I am using Tubebuddy create thumbnail option it worked just fine for me. If you want to be more creative Photoshop is good option, decision is yours my friend.

White Bread

TubeBuddy Pro
I usually make my own in Illustrator or Photoshop, but Canva has been great help also.. I have not tried TubeBuddy's thumbnail tool yet. I test my thumbnails by shrinking them to the smallest size to imitate the Youtube thumbnails in the feed and see if it catches the eye.. as long as it is saturated, has some "toxic" eye catching colors in it, or perhaps, really rich in exposure, an enticing title and a memorable facial expression or catchy image, it is good to go..and of course, no text in the upper right corner xD