• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Social bluebook shows my average views per video as 401 instead of 1158?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I have uploaded 10 videos on my channel so far. Here are the views per each video: 260+1321+99+1181+12+39+1800+28+44+6800 totaling 11584 or 1158.4 per video.

So why does Social Bluebook only show 401 per video instead of 1158? Am I missing something?

Link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO7Tll-LnLa3K4EK97NdQGQ/

I'd reach out to their support team, since they can answer this better than we could :X

OP
OP
Omair21

Omair21

Here is the response I got from them, in case anyone was curious:

"Hey Mark, SBB's algorithm takes out outliers from the top and the bottom end of the videos we pull. The discrepancy here is likely because the 6.8k video has been cut out and one of your <100 view videos has been dropped as well. We do this because it represents a more accurate average for your channel. Does that make sense? Let me know if you have any questions for me!" --Connor Catanese

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Here is the response I got from them, in case anyone was curious:

"Hey Mark, SBB's algorithm takes out outliers from the top and the bottom end of the videos we pull. The discrepancy here is likely because the 6.8k video has been cut out and one of your <100 view videos has been dropped as well. We do this because it represents a more accurate average for your channel. Does that make sense? Let me know if you have any questions for me!" --Connor Catanese

AH I understand now! Thanks @Omair21 for helping :D

Reactions: Omair21

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
So it looks like the algo prevents outliers from giving you inflated expectations of the general value of your channel! I recently signed up for the free version. How do you like it so far?

10 videos with those views? Very impressive! I'm barely breaking 1000 right now as I am quite new to the SEO thing.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So it looks like the algo prevents outliers from giving you inflated expectations of the general value of your channel! I recently signed up for the free version. How do you like it so far?

10 videos with those views? Very impressive! I'm barely breaking 1000 right now as I am quite new to the SEO thing.

SEO can help a lot, but it serves your target audience! Who are you trying to help/ entertain :D

Reactions: PhatBeetz

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
SEO can help a lot, but it serves your target audience! Who are you trying to help/ entertain :D

If you're asking me, Andrew, my audience is anyone in the range of 22-40 who enjoys being entertained by gameplay videos right now. I'm still fishing around for my sub-niche. Currently I'm more into the survival/strategy gameplay, but I'm considering balancing this dark theme with fluffy, cute games as well.

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
If you're asking me, Andrew, my audience is anyone in the range of 22-40 who enjoys being entertained by gameplay videos right now. I'm still fishing around for my sub-niche. Currently I'm more into the survival/strategy gameplay, but I'm considering balancing this dark theme with fluffy, cute games as well.

Any of those games that you've found you could see yourself sticking to?

Reactions: PhatBeetz

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
Yes! The thing is that I'm new to the game as well so I'm learning how to play it before I put that together. I've actually looked it up as one of the more useful videos in gaming for views.

I don't want to give out crappy content, and it is certainly on my list of videos to put together.

Thanks for the advice! Definitely working towards it!