• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How do you choose a video idea when you have a lot in your head

lutechsource

TubeBuddy User
Yesterday I had a lot of ideas for video's to pop up in my head and wanted to at least create one storyboard for the idea. I ended up doing nothing because I couldn't choose. Any tips on how to handle this?

Reactions: Dradus

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Yesterday I had a lot of ideas for video's to pop up in my head and wanted to at least create one storyboard for the idea. I ended up doing nothing because I couldn't choose. Any tips on how to handle this?

I do keyword research and make sure if others are looking for it first, and if I have a reasonable chance of even competing for it! Sometimes I'll have an idea and it's not possible at my size to rank for it, so I refine it! What were your ideas? :D

Reactions: lutechsource
OP
OP
lutechsource

lutechsource

TubeBuddy User
Thanks for the tip. These were some of the ideas I had

-Scanning a real life object into 3D
-Creating Linux backups in ChromeOS
-Creating a simple song on your phone
-building a custom arcade stick
-Convert your instrument playing into MIDI notes
-Use your iOS device as a Roland SoundCanvas through DOSBOX
still have more ideas.

When the ideas pop in my head, I want to work on all of them at the same time.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
When the ideas pop in my head, I want to work on all of them at the same time

That's not bad! Perhaps do keyword research for them all and see which ones you can do the best with, and then you can bring them into SEO studio and craft the Title, Descriptions, and tags so that you can use that passion you have for these videos ideas constructively :D

Reactions: Damon and Dradus

MUTTNUTT'S REVIEWS

Subscriber Goal

I all ways have pen and paper around to write down any idea that pops in my head i am not all ways use the idea right away but i all ways have a book of ideas to pull from useing this method

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
For the list above i think Key word search is your right choice. It's tech related. Now for viral topic I use trending so google trends first then I move unto keyword research.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I always take ideas from my mind but do keyword research to see if it would click with the audience.

Manofgod91

Personally I write all my ideas down and pick whatever I am most passionate about in the moment to do.

That way my quality is better. I did a video I felt would get many views but I wasnt into at the time and you can tell. I sound so bored.

Tony4938

TubeBuddy Pro
If I get an idea i enter into my phone either just as a note, or directly into my content calendar via google sheets. Doesn't mean i will use it, but when i have time i can go through the keyword search and see if it worth it, and if it is, i'll then see if it can relate to another video i've done or plan to do so i can include it in a playlist. I'm still new to this but this is my plan at the moment and have loads of video's already planned this way.

TheAGames10

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I try to get the multiple things out of my head so I could just try and focus on one or two things at a time.