• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Make a new channel or rebrand my current channel?

ChristianRocker

Subscriber Goal
I am conflicted on this. I have 227 subscribers on my channel which IΓÇÖve recently went back to doing gaming videos on, but I have this other idea for a gaming channel thatΓÇÖs more niche centered than just regular gaming. So my question is do I just rebrand my current channel or start over with a new one? I would hate to lose my subs and watch time that I have now. Thanks!

Reactions: PhatBeetz

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I am conflicted on this. I have 227 subscribers on my channel which IΓÇÖve recently went back to doing gaming videos on, but I have this other idea for a gaming channel thatΓÇÖs more niche centered than just regular gaming. So my question is do I just rebrand my current channel or start over with a new one? I would hate to lose my subs and watch time that I have now. Thanks!

I'd just niche down on the current one. You're at a size where that's not detrimental if you do so. If it works FANTASTIC! If not, then you have your answer, and can change it up. Keep experimenting :D

Dradus

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It may be worth separating the older videos within a different playlist but keep the same channel.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
As a gamer who's channel has been dead since July 2019, I can understand your dilemma. I am in the same boat.

I agree that rebranding should work just fine. If you lose viewers thats OK because they weren't your target ideal audience anyways. Your goal is to find your ideal audience and that means you'll lose some but gain others once your channel starts growing again. That way you keep the channel, the analytics you already have and you're numbers are low enough that you shouldn't feel too much hurt as ong as you can make your rebranding work.

I'll be doing the same once I'm in a position to kickstart my channels again. Hopefully in a few months.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. Share your journey through this rebranding so we can all see how it goes and some of us can learn from your experience as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Damon

SimulatorMike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
At the end of the day play what YOU like and are comfortable playing for YOU. if you don't it will show to your audience anyway. So change in the way that makes you happy since your the one that has to do all the work, your community will either stay or leave and you will get others that like your content. I would rebrand if it will put you out there more and help your channel. Only you know the details. Good Luck!

• Love
Reactions: PhatBeetz and Damon

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
Channel evolution is a feature, not a bug! As long as you're keeping with the them, there's no reason to start over. I think it's great that you've found a niche to pursue for gaming.

I'm actually curious to see where you take! Subbing!