• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What do you all do whenever you fail to upload a youtube video for any reason?

Abhigyan DMS

we would like to know what you all do or have done whenever you fail to upload a video on a scheduled day of the week?

Sometimes it happens that, for some reason or other, you cannot upload a video on a particular day.

Can you share some of your ideas, views, opinions, tips

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
Upload the video anyway. The best thing is to be transparent. If you're going to miss the schedule, post something to let people know. A tweet, FB post, etc.

Youtube also has stories and community (for some) that allow you to write something. Use it.

We all have lives. Things happen. The important thing is to post it, and then continue to keep to your other videos schedule.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I have several videos filmed in advance so i can always stay ahead. When I foresee that I will need to delay posting I try to post a really good video and give it some extra time to perform... that way I get the needed break and at the same time I am allowing a good video the room it needs to 'air out.'

Reactions: Abhigyan DMS

Franz Alpine

Subscriber Goal
I always have some videos in my pipeline. In the past there have been periods where I could not upload new content. If you have such a period, don't waste too much time explaining the reason in a Video therefore. Your audience loves your content. They are not interested why you have not uploaded a Video. If you have an interesting Story about your "problems" make a Video about the Story. I did some V-Logs last year about my Time in Hospital and the month after the Hospital (Comeback-Video).
My recommendation is to produce some content beforehand for your pipeline. When you produced the content, upload it, prepare it and schedule it to the days you want to publish it.
When your channel grows and you have the community-tab, use the community tab to inform your audience about delays.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
we would like to know what you all do or have done whenever you fail to upload a video on a scheduled day of the week?

Sometimes it happens that, for some reason or other, you cannot upload a video on a particular day.

Can you share some of your ideas, views, opinions, tips

Upload it when it's done. Knowing about only 10% of views come from subscribers, and then seeing the CTR from them in the bell is even lower. I just upload, and hope those who watch enjoy it all the same! However, this isn't really a TB question, so i'm moving it to YT discussion :)

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

groovy horrror scifi

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'll be facing this problem very soon!!
I upload one vid a week every weds and I did actually make 10 vids before starting the channel thinking it would give me 10 weeks to make more .
Sadly for various life reasons it caught up with me and I'm now struggling to make one in time which is a shame as it was doing ok.
If I miss the schedule one week it wont matter too much, it might even be worth missing a couple of weeks to try and catch up .

Bibek

the world is beast wish

Attachments

• 257599997_247266160916911_2247781515006956438_n (2).jpg
    257599997_247266160916911_2247781515006956438_n (2).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 67