• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Advice / Tips For a New YouTuber?

Bails

Hey all just looking for some advice here!

I started YouTube about two weeks ago and I'm trying to grow from no subs.
Currently I'm not earning a high number of views or subscriptions so I was just wandering if there is any practical advice out there to help reach a greater audience and start earning some sort of traction? (I realise my category may be quite saturated)
Thanks in advance for any feedback and tips!

MDA LEGACY

Subscriber Goal
Hey there! I may not be in the best position to give advices since I only started August last year but I can give you some tips on how I gain views and subs. Continue uploading as often as you can (I upload once a week or two weeks because of time restraint) to create awareness on your channel. Titles, tags and thumbnails are very important. And dont give up! Sorry if my advice seems cliche. Good luck!

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
You have 5 uploads, so I would give it time. You can always put a couple $$ behind the videos to get more views. Remember: Promoting through Google Ads is a great way to get more views.

Do you play the level BEFORE you play the level on video? Going through a dry run might help you figure out things to talk about.

Most important advise is to make sure you have a story to tell while gaming. You want them to watch a good amount of your video.

Reactions: Bails

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Yes, upload your first 150 videos, then worry about subs and views.
This. This right here.
But use that time between video 5 and video 150 to develop some best practices of your own and good, orderly habits. There is no "magic bullet" to suddenly becoming popular. You've got to put in the work. Get your gear sorted out, get your writing sorted out, get your filming sorted out, get your audio sorted out. Try to make the next video better than the last video. Build good habits. Most importantly, and I can't stress this enough...HAVE FUN! You will work WAY too hard on this and you will start to hate it, unless you're having fun doing it.

Reactions: Bails and Damon

DWjohn

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I saw the replies from Damon and Razz Barlow.. Could you please tell me the purpose of TubeBuddy then... If at all creating more videos on youtube helps us in earning subscribers and views, then what is the role of TubeBuddy? I'm a new user, kindly share your views.

NeonCityGolf

TubeBuddy User
www.neoncitygolf.com
Subscriber Goal
I saw the replies from Damon and Razz Barlow.. Could you please tell me the purpose of TubeBuddy then... If at all creating more videos on youtube helps us in earning subscribers and views, then what is the role of TubeBuddy? I'm a new user, kindly share your views.
TubeBuddy is an efficiency optimizer. It helps you not only control bulk options on your channel but also analyze what works vs what doesnΓÇÖt. You can do a/b testing for thumbnails, apply tags, create canned responses to comments and create templates for things like end screens. ItΓÇÖs not only about video count but video quality and consistency. Best of luck!

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
That's right, @NeonCityGolf. It also helps you find the videos people want to watch. If you post 150 random videos, you still won't get anywhere. If you post 150 well chosen topics that people are clicking on, subscribing to or even trending toward, you will greatly increase your chance for success. The only way to figure out what people are clicking on is a too like TubeBuddy.

TB is designed to optimize everything so you aren't wasting your time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnoi and DWjohn

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Currently I'm not earning a high number of views or subscriptions so I was just wandering if there is any practical advice out there to help reach a greater audience and start earning some sort of traction? (I realise my category may be quite saturated)

What kind of content are you making? Who are you trying to help? HOW are you going to?

I'd recommend keyword explorer and SEO studio on what you can do IN your niche I guess I don't know what your category is, since you haven't told us here really :D

BELLA BECCA

Subscriber Goal
I also need the advice too, posted two videos already,it's a food video,it's what i enjoy doing, really want to know if am on the right track.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I totally agree with Damon... get yourself waste deep in videos. Put on the blinders and just start posting with little regard for numbers or analytics. Get your first 100 posted ASAP. You will be a different human being by the time you accomplish that, and all for the better.

Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Good luck and welcome to the beginning of an amazing journey!

Oblique Kick Gaming

I started a little before you (end of January) but I've had some pretty good succerss subscriber wise (relative to how long I've had a channel) but getting involved with a community that makes similar content to myself. I jumped in head first, got to know people, shared their videos and they welcomed me in. I got about 100 views in a few days on my first ever video and while that's absolutely not consistent, this is because the community showed up to help me out.

Good luck mate.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

dean the rat

Known Member

some people do sub for subs were they sub to one channel and the other subs back, it helps with subcribers and some times watch times but i would not recommend as in my opinion it doesnt show your true yt worth as other are just subcribing to also gain a sub

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
some people do sub for subs were they sub to one channel and the other subs back, it helps with subcribers and some times watch times but i would not recommend as in my opinion it doesnt show your true yt worth as other are just subcribing to also gain a sub

Not to mention sub-for-sub is against YouTube policy and could get your channel shut down.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
There is a bigger issue with sub4sub, it REALLY hurts your channel. The vast majority of these channels do not watch your content, and even if they do they do not watch it all the way through. So when you put out a video youtube recommends it to them and they don't watch it, which drastically drops your CTR and if they watch just long enough to leave a comment and then move on to their next sub4sub buddy then it drops your retention. Imagine what 1,000 sub4sub buddies does to the performance of your video! Eventually YT will completely downgrade all suggestions of your vids. Sub4Sub is a straight-up channel killer.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
There is a bigger issue with sub4sub, it REALLY hurts your channel. The vast majority of these channels do not watch your content, and even if they do they do not watch it all the way through. So when you put out a video youtube recommends it to them and they don't watch it, which drastically drops your CTR and if they watch just long enough to leave a comment and then move on to their next sub4sub buddy then it drops your retention. Imagine what 1,000 sub4sub buddies does to the performance of your video! Eventually YT will completely downgrade all suggestions of your vids. Sub4Sub is a straight-up channel killer.

THIS also it's against YT Tos and these forum rules. If you see Sub 4 sub here on these forums, please report them :D

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

dean the rat

Known Member

my videos are about my pet rats and then trying different foods, but ya just focus on your vids then worry about sub and stuff.

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Yes, upload your first 150 videos, then worry about subs and views.
Yeah I agree. One of the things I look at when I sub to people is their channel as a whole and how much content they seem to have or produce consistently. This is my goal as well to get to the 150 videos mark. Also, with more videos you'll be able to see what works and what doesn't based on your analytics.

• Love