• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How to increase or improve my Subscribers and views count?

cookfabulous

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hi Friends,

I am a new member to this group and to YouTube. I started a cooking channel ( also including beauty Recipes in it) on February 5th, 2020. I am a homemaker and a mom of one year old baby. I thought of starting a channel to deviate myself and to have some Me time.

But I have few questions. How to increase the subscriber and viewers count? And Does consistency really matter?

Please let me know what all come into consideration. Thanks a lot in advance for your help and time.

Reactions: Mariam Khan

Gardens of Blessings

TubeBuddy Star
I am also a newbie. Going on my second month. Consistency and time management (setting up priorities) are my greatest challenges right now. I am also a mom of two (a 4 year old boy whom I homeschool due to anxiety and a 7 year old girl). I also do substitute teaching at times and a little gardening to sell on summer so putting up my channel is overwhelming. learning the technical side of editing video, lights,sound. It's a lot of challenges for me,too. I think I am dedicated with what I am doing, facing all these challenges with open arms. I know, I can get there in time... just keep on going. And you can,too!

OP
OP
cookfabulous

cookfabulous

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thank you so much. Hope I have to put more efforts on my consistency. And my target is to improve the number of Subscribers first. I am still working on it.

Tropique

Subscriber Goal
SSalut moi aussi je suis nouveau sur le forum et sur YouTube même si ma chaîne date de 2014 mais je me suis jamais occupé moi aussi je galère pour augmenter mais vue je tien une chaine de bande annonce de jeux et de manga mais je veux juste vous donner un petit conseil ouvrez une page sur Facebook ça pourra vous aider bon courage

• Love
Reactions: cookfabulous
OP
OP
cookfabulous

cookfabulous

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
SSalut moi aussi je suis nouveau sur le forum et sur YouTube même si ma chaîne date de 2014 mais je me suis jamais occupé moi aussi je galère pour augmenter mais vue je tien une chaine de bande annonce de jeux et de manga mais je veux juste vous donner un petit conseil ouvrez une page sur Facebook ça pourra vous aider bon courage
J'ai créé une page sur Facebook et invité tous mes amis à l'aimer. J'attends qu'ils s'abonnent et j'espère que tout sera bientôt sur la bonne voie. Merci d'avoir partagé vos avis.

• Love
Reactions: Tropique

Tropique

Subscriber Goal
Jais ce que ça fait de voir un nouvel abonné allez préparez de bon plat je vais pas vous déranger encore plus

• Haha
Reactions: cookfabulous

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ok, there is a lot to cover here. First off, I think that doing a channel is a FANTASTIC use of your time. You have a niche that allows you to provide value to others and (hypothetically) you have the time to be consistent and put out consistent work. Now, the absolute most important part of this is that you can provide value. That is key and should be your number one focus. Forget the subs, forget the views and all the BS numbers. Make good videos... and by good I mean provide some value for someone out there who needs to hear what you have to say.

Growing a channel is a little different than making good content. That focus is more egotistical, and should generally be avoided in your first 100 videos. Yes, you need to be aware of your analytics and you need to follow best practices but short of making that one viral video nothing in your first 100 videos is really going to cause you to explode overnight. You need to learn how to make a good video that your audience enjoys watching and provides information/entertainment to those in need of what you have to offer. If you want to do it well and do it right and you want to maximize the growth potential of your channel yes, you need to be consistent. You need to learn good editing/filming practices and you need to master good thumbnails. That will get you the most subscribers and views in the shortest amount of time. But be aware, the YouTube journey takes time. You need to be prepared for this to be an endeavor that will take a good portion of your free time for the next decade. You can take the path of maximizing opportunity and treat this like a business, but you need to be 100% committed to that idea. If you can do it then jump in! if not don't sweat that... make your videos the way you want and enjoy just doing what you do. There is nothing wrong with that and you can rest assured you are still valuable, you are still helping people and your content still matters.

OP
OP
cookfabulous

cookfabulous

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I think patience is also a key thing after following all the advice given it good to have in mind that you can't get 1 million subscribers within a month its journey and I'm walking on it patiently
Haha.... Very true.... I'm literally being patient with only 7subscribers since I started (1 month) lol

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Friends,

I am a new member to this group and to YouTube. I started a cooking channel ( also including beauty Recipes in it) on February 5th, 2020. I am a homemaker and a mom of one year old baby. I thought of starting a channel to deviate myself and to have some Me time.

But I have few questions. How to increase the subscriber and viewers count? And Does consistency really matter?

Please let me know what all come into consideration. Thanks a lot in advance for your help and time.
consistency DOES really matter (and this is coming from me, who is very inconsistent) think about it this way... why should I subscribe to a channel with only 10 videos, and they haven't uploaded in 2 months? maybe they've stopped uploading all together? This is what I remind myself when I slack off. I haven't published in something like 2 months and I know I need to get the ball rolling, because when I subscribe to someone, I like to see that they're uploading at least weekly, and if I'm not doing that myself, it does give me something to think about. Consistency is key!

Other than that, give a value proposition early on in your videos that ISN'T spammy or beggy. Nick Nimmin is a master at giving his value proposition at the start of his videos that tells you why you should subscribe at the start, without sounding too beggy or selly. It's a fine art.

You want to actually ASK, but you need to do it in a way that tells people they want to subscribe so they don't miss out on your future content, and you need to make it look like your future content will be worth subscribing for, which is why your video right now, needs to do that within the first few seconds and minutes. So little calls to action and reminders, that aren't overbearing are a good way of doing it. You don't want to get in someone's face with HEY SUBSCRIBE. but if your content is amazing, you want to remind people the option is there to subscribe for more.

At the end of the day though, the subscriber number is a vanity metric. It unlocks rewards for you, but it isn't important. It's your content that's important :)

Reactions: Deciden0w

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi Friends,

We see this all the time and youΓÇÖre in the right place for good advice, @Beanie Draws pretty much laid it all out for you, absorb the words in his post and then just practice them, it may take several videos to perfect the art of calling to action, IΓÇÖm still working on that very thing myself, 30 videos in and I still need to work on that part of my content, and then of course the content itself, itΓÇÖll take a lot more than just a few videos to get it nailed to your viewers flavors, just gotta keep at it.

MarcelaΓÇÖs Way

I agree with everyone that said forget the numbers.... it’s like watching the scale when your trying to lose weight... but in reverse I guess.. lol...when the numbers go up... it’s wonderful... but if you only focus on that... when the numbers go down... you might get discouraged and wanna quit... Treat your audience like a person... that really needs you and counts on you for the information that you have to offer... if you really care about that person... a number won’t let you... let them down... focus on your audience❤️❤️