• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software How do you reduce echo in a room

lutechsource

TubeBuddy User
I do all my voice recording in my bedroom because I do not get echo. Eventually I want to start recording in my living room because I have a nice wooden table there. However, I get echo if I record my voice in the living room. It's not a lot of echo, but it's noticeable.

Any tips one reducing or eliminating the echo, either through software or through the room's design?

Reactions: Scuplex

Scuplex

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I do all my voice recording in my bedroom because I do not get echo. Eventually I want to start recording in my living room because I have a nice wooden table there. However, I get echo if I record my voice in the living room. It's not a lot of echo, but it's noticeable.

Any tips one reducing or eliminating the echo, either through software or through the room's design?
Hello dear friend! You could maybe use sound blankets! Check out this video!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FioOtpXLTLM

( I dont want to promote this video its just helpful for a possible solution! :D)

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello dear friend! You could maybe use sound blankets! Check out this video!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FioOtpXLTLM

( I dont want to promote this video its just helpful for a possible solution! :D)

Thank you! for sharing!

Sound blankets can really help with this! I'm working on another video this weekend on another solution with this with acoustic panels! However, sound blankets are easy to use and can have SO many uses!

OP
OP
lutechsource

lutechsource

TubeBuddy User
Video was very helpful and helping me understand how sound works. Will definitely get some sound blankets and update my experience!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You can also do what JackSepticEye did for a long time, and just pull your mattress in your bedroom up when recording. just keep it off camera and it should absorb some sound.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Paul Hill

TubeBuddy Pro
paulhill.biz
Subscriber Goal
You could make some acoustic panels. I did this for my studio and they work great. I have a video on my channel showing how I built them (am I allowed to add a link as I am new here?). As they are portable, you can move them to where you need them and put them away when you have finished. They didn't take too long to build and where not too expensive. The most expensive part for me was the covering as I purchased acoustic fabric, although you can use cheaper fabric.

Reactions: Damon

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
You could make some acoustic panels. I did this for my studio and they work great. I have a video on my channel showing how I built them (am I allowed to add a link as I am new here?). As they are portable, you can move them to where you need them and put them away when you have finished. They didn't take too long to build and where not too expensive. The most expensive part for me was the covering as I purchased acoustic fabric, although you can use cheaper fabric.

Only if the op asks can read the forum rules here: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/4/

Paul Hill

TubeBuddy Pro
paulhill.biz
Subscriber Goal
Awesome! I'd like to see your video, so feel free to drop it! Thanks for the kind words about our forums we're doing our best to make them fun and informative!
Thanks Andrew. It is not a great video, just a bunch of photos that I strung together and uploaded to hopefully be of help for anybody who wants to construct acoustic panels - DIY Acoustic Panels . They make a lot of difference when I record acoustic instruments and would certainly be a great solution for reducing echo in a room for recording voice.

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy