• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Why don't I get a lot subs and views ?

nomadstervlogs

TubeBuddy User
I started YouTube channel more than a month ago and it's still 198 subs and 2.6 k views , I am trying do the job sincerely and as best as I can . My wife started her YouTube channel last year and within one month she got 1k subs and 4k hours watch time . She does her her in Malayalam ,our local language in Kerala India,and she started with beauty tips. But now she has various topics covered in her channel. Is it because I am a man , or is it because I am doing the channel in English which is my second language only , that I am not getting the reach ! My wife's channel is Dew Drops ( Dew Drops by Jenimol) and my channel is Nomadster Vlogs.
I joined Tubebuddy but I didn't see much difference but I joined only the other day .

Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
That's the question. You'll literally have two people start a channel at the same time, and one person skyrockets while the other lags.

Without doubt the language is a difference. I've found that channels producing content in their native tongue grow much faster than putting it in English.

Also because she is doing beauty tips, she's teaching something helpful. Because you are in India she has probably reached a people group preciously ignored: Indian ladies looking for beauty tips in their native language. Not to play the race card, but think about it. How many white Western-European beauty channels are their? Tons. Indian? Few.

An Indian woman has a different skin complexion. It's even a different color "black" than someone of African decent. The colors don't match the same. They need specific advice from one of their own. So, your wife has hit on the all the things than make a successful YouTube channel: Niche audience, helping a people group ignored in the main stream, native language, and building a community around a central idea.

If you could copy that pattern you might have similar success: What can you teach that would help Indian males in your native language that is being ignored by other channels?

OP
OP
N

nomadstervlogs

TubeBuddy User
I get it ! That's a great explanation , I didn't think of that at all. Is it ok if I change the channel language to my native language ? I have 198 subscribers with the English language ! Will it affect me overall?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, at first it will, particularly if you audience is primarily English speaking. If they speak your native language primarily, then not as much. If your are going to make a big change to you channel, now is the time while you are still early in the process.

zelia

TubeBuddy User
Don't worry, it takes time, I have been doing since july 2019 and yet still only have 470 subs. Working really hard on promoting my videos on social platform but still not that much views, I think it just takes time, and the more you upload the faster you are going to grow! Practice makes it perfect! Fightiiinnggggg :kissing_heart: :heart: :blush:

Reactions: Firefly

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Yes just keep creating. The growth will come. It's been about 3 months for me and I'm only at 130.

Reactions: zelia

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I get it ! That's a great explanation , I didn't think of that at all. Is it ok if I change the channel language to my native language ? I have 198 subscribers with the English language ! Will it affect me overall?
I'd say either switch it to your original language and have English closed captions/subtitles, or continue in English but have CC/subtitles in your native language.

YT hasn't implemented this over to the new Creator Studio yet (not that I know of), but in Classic, you're able to have multiple languages for your title/descriptions. So if you put both English and your native language, then you'd be able to hit both audiences :)
1583173873075.png

Reactions: nomadstervlogs

Shimon

TubeBuddy User
instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd say either switch it to your original language and have English closed captions/subtitles, or continue in English but have CC/subtitles in your native language.

YT hasn't implemented this over to the new Creator Studio yet (not that I know of), but in Classic, you're able to have multiple languages for your title/descriptions. So if you put both English and your native language, then you'd be able to hit both audiences :)
View attachment 4469

I agree with this and honestly believe you just need to continue being consistent and your channel will continue to grow.

I would say though, that your Wife has a USP for her channel, whereas your channel is a lot broader. Try to make videos that target a specific audience

Reactions: nomadstervlogs
OP
OP
N

nomadstervlogs

TubeBuddy User
Don't worry, it takes time, I have been doing since july 2019 and yet still only have 470 subs. Working really hard on promoting my videos on social platform but still not that much views, I think it just takes time, and the more you upload the faster you are going to grow! Practice makes it perfect! Fightiiinnggggg :kissing_heart: :heart: :blush:
Do you mean I have to upload more videos. I am also working full-time as a nurse ,so time is my problem . Let me try harder now . Thanks for the reply

• Love
Reactions: zelia

Dradus

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You still have 198 subs for a one-month-old channel. To me, that is really outstanding. I would go with your native language as there is an obvious interest.

Reactions: Damon