• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Has anyone ever experienced a sudden boom in views on a video they'd given up on?

Immortal Explorer

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Have any of you guys had the experience of having an uploaded video that you had considered fully optimised, but for some reason just wasn't getting the views you had expected.

Only to kind of give up on tweaking it, then out of the blue it suddenly gains traction and takes off.

Just wondering if this ever happens.

Cheers

Alex

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Have any of you guys had the experience of having an uploaded video that you had considered fully optimised, but for some reason just wasn't getting the views you had expected.

Only to kind of give up on tweaking it, then out of the blue it suddenly gains traction and takes off.

Just wondering if this ever happens.

Cheers

Alex
Sort of, I did a Cricket 19 video tutorial and it wasn't doing so hot but it's picking up views now, only up to around 70 but that's pretty good for my channel. Seems to be picking up views this week for some reason.

Reactions: potato gaming

MDA LEGACY

Subscriber Goal
I had a video that once had few views. I think it was my 14th video. Only had around 400++ views. DidnΓÇÖt do anything about it and kept uploading other videos. Then people started to subscribe and boom! It is now up to 3k+ views. Not much but itΓÇÖs something lol

Reactions: Immortal Explorer

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
My first one was a video at CES about a company that turned laptops into touchscreens with a USB device (this was in 2009). The next year, they were liquidating inventory, so the product went up on Woot.com - which at the time had an awesome forum. Someone posted my CES video at the top of the forum thread. It was a good week's worth of views.

Just recently, with the announce of Tesla's truck, I had a video from 2013 on a Ford concept truck that hit big time. I talked about that in milestones, as that video helped me hit $1k in YT revenue for the first time.

I have other stories as well. It's not always about what you have in the video, as who is going to watch and re-share it.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yes sir... several times. One of which I actually planned for. I did a DIY vacuum sealing video in February 2019 knowing that hunting season was over. It popped 9 months later. In fact recently its become a trend on my channel for vids to see a marked increase in traffic after 140 days.

Dradus

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
On my latest video, the sound came across really badly when I recorded my first voice over. I had to use audio enhancement. I felt this needed more work after I uploaded however the video went to over 500 views when my average is around 10 as a new channel.

• Wow
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Dradus

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I still don't know why this happened. Or if it was also due to my first genuine attempt at a thumbnail and voice over.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Sort of, I did a Cricket 19 video tutorial and it wasn't doing so hot but it's picking up views now, only up to around 70 but that's pretty good for my channel. Seems to be picking up views this week for some reason.
So a month on and this video i mentioned is up to about 800 views now!

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I have had a similar experience. My video didn't go "viral" by any stretch of the imagination. But it tends to be one of my most-watched videos on a consistent basis. I cringe a little about it, because it was one of my earlier videos and it lacks a lot of style and production value. You just never know!

Knotlikeyou

TubeBuddy Star
Yeah i had one from 5 yeard ago that did well all of a sudden well it did well for me anyway

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
To be honest, I don't really check. But I do know a video on an old channel that I didn't optimise at all, no thumbnail, no title (uploaded the filename as the title) i don't even think there was a description... and just kinda left it and went. 9-10 years later and that video has about 1000+ views, not bad considering the channel has pretty much zero subscribers :joy:

I should look through my individual videos to see if any of them are boosted by tweaks, but really I think it's more about the topic. The topic of the video might suddenly become popular. I know some of my videos have peaked in views around the time of Jurassic announcements and releases. I draw dinosaurs so that's not surprising.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I did... but it was a bit intentional. I did a DIY Vacuum Sealing video last May knowing that Deer Season was in the fall. It sat dormant until fall and then popped over the winter months, still going strong. Has been my second-best producing video the last six months.

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Never had it happen but I'm still very new. Only started uploading consistently starting November 2019.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Not giving up per se, but it was an old video that I forgot about. It was about a mobile game that closed down and whenever people search it up, my video will be what they see xD (especially if they search about the game closing down)