• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Milestone Got some of my first ever dislikes

Fuzz

TubeBuddy Star
Congrats on the subs. Dislikes come with the territory as you rightly noted, though they also count as engagement for the algorithm which is helpful.

OP
OP
DemetreHicks

DemetreHicks

Check out my recent upload https://bit.ly/2IzzqKK
TubeBuddy Pro
www.twitch.tv
Subscriber Goal
They count as engagement, and so they are positive, of course keep in mind they can influence how people feel before ever watching the video, but in terms of effects on YT end, it's all positive :)
I will keep that in mind

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
Don't let haters silence you! We all know what that's like, and we all take the lumps for it! Don't stop growing.

Ever wonder what the channels of the people who dislike your content look like? When I see something like that I think it goes one of two ways:

1) They have no content, and no subscribers, and they are just here to troll others who try.
2) ...

Ok, what I was going to say for 2) doesn't make sense to me suddenly. I was going to say they were people who had lots of subscribers. People who have lots of subscribers don't have time to waste disliking other people's content unless they're going to give feedback along with that IMO.

Anyway, DH, I watched your V-Day video. It was a HUGE step up from the first video I saw of yours, and you're getting subs!!

I'd like to suggest one small thing to try changing from that video.

Take a slight pause so that your viewers can take a moment and see what you pick out when going around the store so that they don't have to pause it for themselves.

I think that's called a "beat" in the theater world...

Haters are gonna hate. You're going to hit 10 subs soon!!

Reactions: DemetreHicks

zelia

TubeBuddy User
Dont worry about getting dislikes... it happens sometimes, haters are going to be haters ahahahhah

Reactions: PhatBeetz
OP
OP
DemetreHicks

DemetreHicks

Check out my recent upload https://bit.ly/2IzzqKK
TubeBuddy Pro
www.twitch.tv
Subscriber Goal
Don't let haters silence you! We all know what that's like, and we all take the lumps for it! Don't stop growing.

Ever wonder what the channels of the people who dislike your content look like? When I see something like that I think it goes one of two ways:

1) They have no content, and no subscribers, and they are just here to troll others who try.
2) ...

Ok, what I was going to say for 2) doesn't make sense to me suddenly. I was going to say they were people who had lots of subscribers. People who have lots of subscribers don't have time to waste disliking other people's content unless they're going to give feedback along with that IMO.

Anyway, DH, I watched your V-Day video. It was a HUGE step up from the first video I saw of yours, and you're getting subs!!

I'd like to suggest one small thing to try changing from that video.

Take a slight pause so that your viewers can take a moment and see what you pick out when going around the store so that they don't have to pause it for themselves.

I think that's called a "beat" in the theater world...

Haters are gonna hate. You're going to hit 10 subs soon!!
thanks for your advice and hope you hit 10 subs soon also i just did some how...!

Reactions: PhatBeetz

NeonCityGolf

TubeBuddy User
www.neoncitygolf.com
Subscriber Goal
I got some dislike but also I guess that comes with getting views also hit 8 subs
DonΓÇÖt sweat it! If thereΓÇÖs anything constructive to pull out of the comments (e.g. sound quality etc.) use that to your advantage and consider it constructive. If they are just dislikes, itΓÇÖs still engagement! DonΓÇÖt give up hope!

AylaJean

It never feels good if someone 'dislikes' anything you worked that hard on. I take dislikes way too personally. But in the end it's like everyone else's already said: dislikes counts as engagement too and it's perfectly fine, as long as your video still gets more likes than dislikes. This is something to tell yourself at the times you worry about this (I do it too...when I think about the 3 dislikes I got on my 7 video's. It isn't much, but feels bad)