• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question social media

DUSTY BADGER

Subscriber Goal
I know this isn't it TubeBuddy question, but is other social media really necessary to improve views? Such as Facebook and Twitter, I don't understand them, I don't like them, I don't trust them, don't know how to use them! hoping just posting my videos is enough?

GrumpaOriginal

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I post to twitter when I post a video and supply a link to the video. Takes a few extra seconds and gets it out there more to the masses. I also post every now and then to Instagram. My feeling is the more it's out there and seen the more might come and watch. Plus all in its maybe a few minutes more of work. Currently working on a Facebook page where the videos link back to Youtube. Curious why you don't like social media or don't trust them. You said you don't know how to use them, to be blunt learn lol. You learned Youtube and have almost 400 subs. The more you get your channel out there, like most things, it will grow. Imagine if your 400 subs, followed you on Twitter and shared your post about your new video with their friends, that's a HUGE amount more eyes that just heard about you then those 400 subs. Good Luck and keep moving forward!!

NeonCityGolf

TubeBuddy User
www.neoncitygolf.com
Subscriber Goal
I post to twitter when I post a video and supply a link to the video. Takes a few extra seconds and gets it out there more to the masses. I also post every now and then to Instagram. My feeling is the more it's out there and seen the more might come and watch. Plus all in its maybe a few minutes more of work. Currently working on a Facebook page where the videos link back to Youtube. Curious why you don't like social media or don't trust them. You said you don't know how to use them, to be blunt learn lol. You learned Youtube and have almost 400 subs. The more you get your channel out there, like most things, it will grow. Imagine if your 400 subs, followed you on Twitter and shared your post about your new video with their friends, that's a HUGE amount more eyes that just heard about you then those 400 subs. Good Luck and keep moving forward!!
I agree. ItΓÇÖs all about getting your message out there. If you make share-worthy content then your followers have an easy place to share it. The easier it is for your viewers to share, the more likely they are to share it.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have Facebook, mostly to keep up with family back in the US. I have never had much luck directing FB traffic to YouTube. I have started using Instgram and TikTok, and have better results.

Reactions: Damon

Content with Depi

TubeBuddy User
I know this isn't it TubeBuddy question, but is other social media really necessary to improve views? Such as Facebook and Twitter, I don't understand them, I don't like them, I don't trust them, don't know how to use them! hoping just posting my videos is enough?
I don't think it's necessary but I definitely recommend to do so. Depending on what you share Youtube and IG most of the times go together. On youtube you share content 1 2 times a week but on Instagram your followers can see your everyday day and content with you. It's more casual and a great way to build relationships. Personally all the YouTubers I follow, I follow them on IG too. But don't fall in the trap to create accounts to all social media. It not easy to upload content to all of them. Just keep youtube and one more it suits to you

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ok, here's the deal with social media; it is important to engage with your audience. Unlike television YT allows people the opportunity to chat and discuss topics with creators and it is important to take advantage of that. But that and the opportunities to network with others are the real value with social media. You gain more personal interest in your work.

From what Ive seen social media does little to improve views and shouldn't be focused on that at all. It should be focused on more interpersonal connections with fans and other creators. For reference; im nearing 3k subs on YT and 800 on twitter. For the last 90 says Ive pulled 9,400 views... 161 from twitter. But on Twitter I have been able to talk with some bigger names and am being seen constantly engaging. It makes me approachable, and I have gained some reputation among people who I appreciate and respect. The people who I want to know about me do so because of my involvement outside of YT.

FYI if you decide to pursue twitter I suggest getting in touch... @OrchardStanley I would be happy to explain my approach to the platform and I make a good buddy!

Dradus

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm also growing a Twitter channel. It's true that initially, not many views will come from Twitter however that platform also gives you a chance to showcase your profile and engage with your community and peers. Twitter is like your digital calling card. I occasionally link videos however I also link clips and engage with streamers and Youtubers. And I engage with those channels also. But it has to be genuine.

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
The biggest issue is crossover - someone might use FB or Twitter over YT. You can pick and choose what crosses over - you don't have to cross post everything. If you have millions of views already, cross posting might not be a big deal.

Reactions: masudbcl