• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How do I get more subscribers if I canΓÇÖt show my face?

ItsJustEmily13

IΓÇÖve been wondering about this question for a long time. I would show my face but my parents wonΓÇÖt let me. Any suggestions?

Debsterism

TubeBuddy Star
If you are a minor, your parents are SMART SMART SMART!!! Too many weirdoes out here these days checking for young kids. Would they let you wear a mask? Be sure you do not mention where you are, what school you go to, or show anything like street signs or the like. That identifies where you are and it is pretty easy to figure out where you go to school from there. Do not identify friends by first and last name - use fake handles. Like Froggy or June Bug or Terrible T. Things like that.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
What niche are your vids? Some do not need to show faces. One of my favorite magic teachers never shows his face - hands only. He tends to get millions of views on most of his vids. I do travel vids and feel I really need to face the camera to make a personal connection with the viewers.

Reactions: ItsJustEmily13

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't really show my face and I have 24k subs.

Make sure your titles are really captivating "wow... i really have to check out this video" and that the thumbnail conveys the purpose of the video.

I generally don't subscribe to a channel unless I've watched 5-10 videos by a creator. So you also want to make consistent good content. I actually think subscribers care more about the content than your face. Make good content and they will come.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't really show my face and I have 24k subs.

Make sure your titles are really captivating "wow... i really have to check out this video" and that the thumbnail conveys the purpose of the video.

I generally don't subscribe to a channel unless I've watched 5-10 videos by a creator. So you also want to make consistent good content. I actually think subscribers care more about the content than your face. Make good content and they will come.

Solid advice beanie!

What niche are your vids? Some do not need to show faces. One of my favorite magic teachers never shows his face - hands only. He tends to get millions of views on most of his vids. I do travel vids and feel I really need to face the camera to make a personal connection with the viewers.

Fair points! a lot of the gaming channels I watch never show their faces in videos and some are in the MILLIONS of sub range :)

Reactions: Damon and eLbai

Content with Depi

TubeBuddy User
I started showing my face after 900 subscribers and my videos ranked pretty well. Just find something you have knowledge of and try to make your videos as interesting as you can

GrumpaOriginal

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I watch videos with and without face cams, doesn't matter to me. What matters most is the topic content and the value it gives to me. Say gaming which I do. I enjoy games that pique my interest and if the person gives good talk then that's a bonus, if they just play and don't talk then that's ok also. So a cam doesn't matter to me. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Ikerot

Dradus

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm also starting but I don't show my face. This is something that I may do as my channel grows. For gaming, I don't think this is required.