• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Same Channel, Various Topics?

Physx

Ok, so I originally wanted to make my channel about relationships and making money. However, due to a suggestion from a friend, I ended up getting into making videos for a game. Seven months later, that content has me over 1,000 subscribers, even though I work a full-time day job and didn't have a lot of time to put into it. So, I feel it is coming along great so far. However, here is my problem...

I never intended to have a channel purely about gaming. From what I've seen, most channels out there focus exclusively on one specific topic. I don't want to do that. I want mine to be more eclectic. What I want to do is continue having multiple playlists like I do now, where one is dedicated to gaming, one is dedicated to relationships, and one is dedicated to making money. I want to cover various topics all in the same channel. I feel like it makes more sense than having to take months and months to build up an entirely different channel and wait for it to hit the monetization criteria.

I am very eclectic, and I already know if I focused on one single topic, I would get really bored and not want to do it anymore. Is there any particular reason that making diverse content like that for multiple playlists in the same channel would be a problem as far as monetization, ranking, etc.?

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I think if the topics were a little more in the same ballpark you'd be fine.
But you're topics are very different.
If someone is genuinely following you for your videos on relationships, they could easily be put off by your gaming videos and take less notice when scrolling through video suggestions.
Just a suggestion, may still work for you.
I have separated my two channels, one being Fragrance Reviews the other just random fun bits..

Reactions: Damon and Ikerot

Tamara Andrea

Hmmmm.... this is a great question...I think your struggle is that your topics of I treat are so different, would it be to much for you to make a separate channel? Test the waters with your relationship topics? And at the same time your not potentially turning off your gaming subscribers.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Ok, so I originally wanted to make my channel about relationships and making money. However, due to a suggestion from a friend, I ended up getting into making videos for a game. Seven months later, that content has me over 1,000 subscribers, even though I work a full-time day job and didn't have a lot of time to put into it. So, I feel it is coming along great so far. However, here is my problem...

I never intended to have a channel purely about gaming. From what I've seen, most channels out there focus exclusively on one specific topic. I don't want to do that. I want mine to be more eclectic. What I want to do is continue having multiple playlists like I do now, where one is dedicated to gaming, one is dedicated to relationships, and one is dedicated to making money. I want to cover various topics all in the same channel. I feel like it makes more sense than having to take months and months to build up an entirely different channel and wait for it to hit the monetization criteria.

I am very eclectic, and I already know if I focused on one single topic, I would get really bored and not want to do it anymore. Is there any particular reason that making diverse content like that for multiple playlists in the same channel would be a problem as far as monetization, ranking, etc.?

Comes down to think of it as a viewer. If I watch a gardening channel I have an expectation of gardening content. If all of a sudden they started doing mechanical repairs on cars, it's not what I was watching for. The thing is as a creator you can make a lot of content, but you have to understand that the audience may not want to see it, so if you make it, that's the thing. Them not watching makes YouTube wonder where to serve your content.