• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

can Subscribers go back and ring the bell?

Gary Lundgren

can subscribers go back and ring the bell if they didn't when they subscribed?

How would I tell them to do that?

Thanks, Gary

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This isn't a TubeBuddy question so I've moved it to a more relevant area because this is more a strategy question :)

Subscribers can and DO go back to ring the bell.

Unfortunately, if they haven't rang the bell, and they haven't seen or interacted with your videos, there's not much you can do outside of asking them to do so in your videos. I wouldn't say "If you subscribed in the past, please turn on notifications" but I would add it in for new subscribers, just don't make it sound too desperate :) explain what value they'll get from ringing the bell "YouTube doesn't always send out notifications, so if you want to be notified when I publish my next video be sure to ring the bell" etc :)

Outside of that, it's up to the audience what they do from there. If they don't WANT to ring the bell, that's their choice :) Just focus on delivering value to those who do choose to after you've informed them of the option :)

RobBalasabas

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This isn't a TubeBuddy question so I've moved it to a more relevant area because this is more a strategy question :)

Unfortunately, if they haven't rang the bell, and they haven't seen or interacted with your videos, there's not much you can do outside of asking them to do so in your videos. I wouldn't say "If you subscribed in the past, please turn on notifications" but I would add it in for new subscribers, just don't make it sound too desperate :) explain what value they'll get from ringing the bell "YouTube doesn't always send out notifications, so if you want to be notified when I publish my next video be sure to ring the bell" etc :)

Outside of that, it's up to the audience what they do from there. If they don't WANT to ring the bell, that's their choice :) Just focus on delivering value to those who do choose to after you've informed them of the option :)

Great answer and advice, thanks Beanie.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

This is the best advice! My next question would be are you encouraging people who haven't rang the bell to ring the bell? :) You could do this by saying I see X of you haven't, so for you if you haven't here's why :) I've found some success with this!

RobBalasabas

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is the best advice! My next question would be are you encouraging people who haven't rang the bell to ring the bell? :) You could do this by saying I see X of you haven't, so for you if you haven't here's why :) I've found some success with this!
Another great tip, doing this for my next videos.... I do notice that I have a big percentage of viewers that are not subsribed.

Retro Reels

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I have this problem on another channel I have - I have over 7000 subs, but most of them subscribed before the bell was introduced, so they aren't getting my stuff in their feeds. I put a feed post up a few months ago asking people if they were getting my stuff and only 2 responded!
In terms of asking people - I would just include it in the subs request on your videos - just mention the bell - that way if an existing subscriber sees it they may go and click if they wish.