• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion SEO Scan tool

We are not the smartest when it comes to computers and SEO, so maybe this is already happening and we just don't know. Really new to this, but while we were looking for good Keywords for our SEO, we thought it might be great if there was a tool that scanned the closed captioning and suggested the right keywords. We have fought for hours trying to find good keywords that will help our videos be seen, and thought this tool could really come in handy for those like us that struggle to find the right keywords.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
We are not the smartest when it comes to computers and SEO, so maybe this is already happening and we just don't know. Really new to this, but while we were looking for good Keywords for our SEO, we thought it might be great if there was a tool that scanned the closed captioning and suggested the right keywords. We have fought for hours trying to find good keywords that will help our videos be seen, and thought this tool could really come in handy for those like us that struggle to find the right keywords.

Just to make sure I understand, you want a tool that examines your past videos and gives you recommendations based on that?

I don't think we have a tool like what you mentioned.

We have our keyword explorer which is designed show you how YOU could perform for a keyword you type in. Here is how to use that tool:

Your idea is interesting! Just want to make sure I understand it :)

Reactions: AussieBangerz
OP
OP
Nate and Gregs World
Not exactly. We understand the keyword explorer, but with that, you have to have a keyword in mind. So if I am doing a video on "cats", initial thought would be to use "cats" as my keyword. Obviously, the score for that would be very low. So then I have to think up other words or phrases to go along with it, like "Watching Cats chase laser pointers".

This tool would help when first uploading the video to make sure you grabbed all of the really good tags out of your video. It would scan the Closed captioning looking for words and phrases you mentioned, but didn't register in your mind, and would score these words/phrases to help find you the best keywords/tags. Going back to the idea of the cat video, I might be showing off my cat playing with the laser, but I had mentioned that "my cat normally likes to play in boxes". The tool could pick up on the boxes comment and formulate a keyword/tag like "Cats in boxes".

As mentioned before, we have spent hours at times trying to find keywords/phrases that could be used, but in order to get a good enough score, we might end up with something that has nothing to do with the video, and then just can't use it. Even when we plan ahead, sometimes we might only get one or two keywords/phrases that really do us no good. When you have videos that are tutorials or product reviews, as an example, you would have been able to write out a full script that you could already have keywords/phrases embedded in it. But for videos like ours which are of a podcast nature, with free flowing dialogue, it can be much more difficult.

In summary - a tool that will scan the closed captioning of the video you are uploading/working on, analyse the closed captioning and give you potential keyword/phrases that will help the video. A keyword generator that is based off of what you said in the video.

I hope that clears up what I was trying to say.

BTW - we were just introduced to TubeBuddy a couple weeks ago and love what we have been able to do with it so far. Your videos are very informative and have helped us out greatly. Please keep up the great work.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
BTW - we were just introduced to TubeBuddy a couple weeks ago and love what we have been able to do with it so far. Your videos are very informative and have helped us out greatly. Please keep up the great work.

First thank you very much! Happy to help in anyway I can :)

In summary - a tool that will scan the closed captioning of the video you are uploading/working on, analyse the closed captioning and give you potential keyword/phrases that will help the video. A keyword generator that is based off of what you said in the video.

So I guess the best way to do a video for search and SEO purposes is you do the research first, and include that naturally in your script so that it's reflective in your title, tags, descriptions, and captions. I guess it's against kind of basic SEO since you're suppose to do the research first...?

That's where I guess I'm confused :X

OP
OP
Nate and Gregs World
I completely agree with doing the research first and we do. But we might have a topic like Ricky Gervais and his Golden Globe monologue, so we grab as many keywords/phrases that will work for that, but during the course of the conversation/discussion we end up taking a side road and start exploring Kevin Hart's NetFlix special about the Oscars. During that part of the conversation, we might have some really good keywords/phrases that would really help the video be seen, but since our podcast sometimes runs an 1- 1.5 hours, we might not pick up on some of the keywords. Or this tool might be able to suggest "better" keywords based off of the scan of the CC. For example, I might try putting in "LGBTQ+ Community mad at Kevin Hart" the scan results might come back with "Kevin Hart statement causes upset in LGBTQ+ Community".

Either way, whether you did the research or you are just trying to find better keywords/phrases that would work with your video, the scan could analyse the CC and provide the best options. I know that when I have used the keyword finder, some of the "suggested" keywords have absolutely no relation to the video. I had a suggestion the other day for "2Chains", and this paragraph is the first time I have ever mentioned him. lol

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I think I get what you are saying. A tool that scans our closed captioning (or perhaps a script) to suggest SEO advice. Like when I write a blog, there are SEO tools that read the blog and suggest keywords etc.