• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Advice for a struggling creator!

kingzuesthelycan

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Whats your method of grabbing subscribers. Sub for Sub is a waste of time. I've tried shirts, business cards, car magnets and posting on every site with minimal success. How can I grab more subscribers without coming off as desperate or annoying. My videos are good Im confident in that, but where am I going wrong with this?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
How can I grab more subscribers without coming off as desperate or annoying.

Honestly you're asking the wrong question. The proper question is, "How to I provide more value? How do I know the videos I make are worth watching? How do I go about helping people changing their lives?"

The fact that you're asking about grabbing subscribers tells me that you're really interested in your own pursuits than helping other people. Other viewers will pick up on that faster the speed of sound. Once they realize you're in it for yourself, they'll stay away like the plague.

So, in other words, it isn't about grabbing subscribers. It about providing so much value that they can't do anything but subscribe. Subscribers come as a side effect of provide excellent and valuable content.

Again this not an attack or anything, it's just the fact that the goal is never to "grab" or "gain" subscribers. The goal is always to provide greater value.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kingzuesthelycan

kingzuesthelycan

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Stop trying to grab subscribers, and start providing valuable, searchable quality content that people want. Honestly you're asking the wrong question. The proper question is, "How to I provide more value? How do I know the videos I make are worth watching? How do I go about helping people changing their lives."

The fact that you're asking about grabbing subscribers tells me that you're really interested in your own pursuits than helping other people. Other viewers will pick up on that faster the speed of sound. Once they realize you're in it for yourself, they'll stay away like the plague.

So, in other words, it isn't about grabbing subscribers. It about providing so much value that they can't do anything but subscribe. Subscribers come as a side effect of provide excellent and valuable content.

That really helped a lot. I honestly am not in it for myself. Its just the fact of me working hard on my content and rushing the process by thinking instant gratification. I didnt really think of it that way until I just read your reply. From now on I'll make sure I'm showing the people Im not in this for myself, because I'm really not. Thank you for your advice.

Reactions: Damon

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
That really helped a lot. I honestly am not in it for myself. Its just the fact of me working hard on my content and rushing the process by thinking instant gratification. I didnt really think of it that way until I just read your reply. From now on I'll make sure I'm showing the people Im not in this for myself, because I'm really not. Thank you for your advice.

Perfect! I agree with Damon! How are you providing value to others? :) Who is your ideal person to watch your content?

Scuplex

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Whats your method of grabbing subscribers. Sub for Sub is a waste of time. I've tried shirts, business cards, car magnets and posting on every site with minimal success. How can I grab more subscribers without coming off as desperate or annoying. My videos are good Im confident in that, but where am I going wrong with this?
I agree with Damon! Take a moment and think about what is your channel about... after that interact with your viewers in the comments in the description! show them that you care and they will eventually wanna be part in your community! They will come back and watch your videos and after some days they will subscribe! there are different ways to make people to subscribe to you but you have to make sure to always ask the right question as Damon said!!

Wish you the best -S-

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Fantastic advice from Damon!

You could also reflect about yourself as a YouTube consumer. You probably watch thousands of videos each year but most likely subscribe only to a fraction of all the channels behind does videos. What made you subscribe to the channels that you did subscribe? What was the reason that you didnt subcrive to all does hundreds of channes whose videos you watched without subscribing?

OP
OP
kingzuesthelycan

kingzuesthelycan

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Fantastic advice from Damon!

You could also reflect about yourself as a YouTube consumer. You probably watch thousands of videos each year but most likely subscribe only to a fraction of all the channels behind does videos. What made you subscribe to the channels that you did subscribe? What was the reason that you didnt subcrive to all does hundreds of channes whose videos you watched without subscribing?
NICE!!! this is so true! thank you!

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I jumped up a lot from commenting on others videos that are in the same genre as mine.
Chat with other viewers in those comment section. No need to tell them off your channel, if you give good info, they'll look you up.

Also get active in Facebook groups that share the same genre of you're channel. But don't post a link to every video you do. Can have a negative and annoying effect..

Hope these help..

ceasero

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Honestly you're asking the wrong question. The proper question is, "How to I provide more value? How do I know the videos I make are worth watching? How do I go about helping people changing their lives?"

Again this not an attack or anything, it's just the fact that the goal is never to "grab" or "gain" subscribers. The goal is always to provide greater value.

Good words