• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Video Titles

EbonysEyes

Subscriber Goal
I am a new YouTuber and I am wondering how to title videos to gain attraction from others? I have changed my titles to see if that is part of the problem and nothing. Any clues?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
To be honest, I could still learn a lot when it comes to video titles. In the past I'd have my titles strictly search focused, so "how to draw x y z" but apparently these days, suggested and recommended are also important for growth, so if I was searching a particular video, I'd probably only see related videos to that particular video, but once I'm watching the video, or the video is finished, or I'm just browsing the home page, that's when videos need to have a more compelling title, something that's interesting enough to grab my attention even if I wasn't looking for it, and it has to basically make you think "I wasn't looking for this, but now I HAVE to watch it because it sounds interesting"

So I'd say have your title searchable enough, but also compelling enough

Reactions: EbonysEyes

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You have a title just recently saying "
How-to: Rainbow Hairstyles Compilation 2020
To me, it's a little TOO search focused. I'd experiment more with "Amazing Rainbow Hairstyles of 2020 Complilation"

Again, I'm still probably no good at titling, but my instinct at the moment would say to go with a little bit of hype, but still have some keywords in there which will help you show up in search.

OP
OP
EbonysEyes

EbonysEyes

Subscriber Goal
WhatΓÇÖs crazy is, this app said that I had too long of a title so I changed it but thatΓÇÖs what I had for all of my videos originally....time to change them back

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
You have a title just recently saying "
How-to: Rainbow Hairstyles Compilation 2020
To me, it's a little TOO search focused. I'd experiment more with "Amazing Rainbow Hairstyles of 2020 Complilation"

Again, I'm still probably no good at titling, but my instinct at the moment would say to go with a little bit of hype, but still have some keywords in there which will help you show up in search.

Depends if it's a How to, amazing doesn't display that. YouTube says focus on being both searchable and compelling, I don't think that's a good solution either. :/

Looking here, the rootword of rainbow hairstyle is getting searched. However look at video searches for things people are searching for on YouTube. The real question is, is this a how to or compilation? :)