• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How do I get subscribers to subscribe.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Its painfully slow at first
im 4 months in and only now is my channel getting some traction
it took me 3 months to get 100 subs
it took me this month to get another 100

It literally compounds if you keep making good videos
Golden Rule: "Do to others as you want them to do to you"
keep regularity
keep it unique
find a niche

never give up (95% do give up after the first few months) I'm in for the long term benefits and Im really enjoying the routine and helping people on my channel

Great points! Another thing I think is, what value do I provide to their lives, and how can that be a reason to subscribe? Am I helping them organize something, in Zanet's case Learn design, or am I entertaining? All very important :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
well first off (I know a lot of growth experts say to do this, but it irks me) DON'T ask for someone to subscribe within the very first seconds of your video, there's nothing I hate more (luckily it's died down) than a video that starts off with "please subscribe" or the annoying "but first, let's get this video to 1000 likes"

Davey504 is about the only person who can get away with it, but he does it with such a dry sarcastic comedic style that it works.

If you can do your call for subscribing in a creative clever way, then sure... but you're best getting right to the content, and adding in a short "if you want to see more content like this, be sure to subscribe" bring the value first so people KNOW why they're subscribing.

Outside of that, find your Niche (your topic/passion) for me it was dinosaurs and drawing. So I focused all my efforts on drawing dinosaurs. It didn't take long for dinosaur fans to find my videos and subscribe. They knew what they were getting, and within a few months, I had 1000 subscribers.

I'd always focus on the content, not the number. There are of course tactics for better growth, just like there are tactics for sales and conversion growth... but your audience don't care about your goals, they just want what they came for, information or entertainment. Provide that, remind them to subscribe for more, and the rest is up to the audience to decide if they want to hit subscribe.

• Love
Reactions: Kuerton
OP
OP
Kuerton

Kuerton

Subscriber Goal
So pretty much in the beginning donΓÇÖt be personal. Focus more on How toΓÇÖs and walk with me type of videos so my audience can get to know who I am .

GoodGolly

Subscriber Goal
Thank you for your helpful tips and encouragement. I am trying to figure out the right tag combination to up my viewership and subscribers. I am glad that I found TubeBuddy as it does simplify the process, however I donΓÇÖt know if IΓÇÖm utilizing it correctly with using certain tags. I feel like certain tags perform better in certain videos than others?

• Love
Reactions: Zanet

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, you have to have a niche, and you have to help for a long period of time. For instance if you are a mountain climber you can do mountain climbing tutorials or film your mountain climbing adventures.

The larger topic is mountain climbing which would be too broad. Maybe you live near Mount Hood or something. Then your niche could be that specific mountain: climbing Mount Hood. Or your niche could be more help oriented: How to mount an expedition on Mount Hood.

So, you have to think of something you're good at or want to learn about. As you develop, you will naturally settle into a niche. And you may run through two three or four niches before something catches on for you.

• Love
Reactions: Zanet

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for your helpful tips and encouragement. I am trying to figure out the right tag combination to up my viewership and subscribers. I am glad that I found TubeBuddy as it does simplify the process, however I donΓÇÖt know if IΓÇÖm utilizing it correctly with using certain tags. I feel like certain tags perform better in certain videos than others?

This explains our TubeBuddy tag score, it's as simple as (Can I rank for this, or not) not all tags are the same, and it's important to understand that. Some aren't searched, and some are. It's figuring out what YOU want to do, and how to make it discover-able by your ideal audience!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbA5H-SCXic