• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice What am I doing wrong???

TheLyricSnitch

TubeBuddy Pro
I started Jan 2
I have 31 subs
and 2K views
I feel like I should have more subs based on the number of views.
I am grateful for what I have, but want to optimize more.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I started Jan 2
I have 31 subs
and 2K views
I feel like I should have more subs based on the number of views.
I am grateful for what I have, but want to optimize more.

What are you doing to convince people to subscribe? What is the value to watch more for the viewer and not just your channel? That helps there :) Also know that the number of uploads matters a lot too :)

Reactions: Damon

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You have 4 videos and started 2 weeks ago. Many growth experts would simply tell you to make more content. But I will say your thumbnails need a lot of work, so study some graphic design tutorials :)

Reactions: TheLyricSnitch

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
You have 4 videos and started 2 weeks ago. Many growth experts would simply tell you to make more content. But I will say your thumbnails need a lot of work, so study some graphic design tutorials :)

hard to give that without the data though, sometimes thumbnails we don't expect to perform can have the highest CTR. I've seen it happen to many times :X

Reactions: Damon

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
hard to give that without the data though, sometimes thumbnails we don't expect to perform can have the highest CTR. I've seen it happen to many times :X
Fair call, but my gut tells me "if these are lyric videos, there's absolutely nothing about these thumbnails that say they're about lyrics if they where being suggested"

Be interesting to see what the actual CTR of these videos ARE. would they have access to that kind of data by now?

OP
OP
TheLyricSnitch

TheLyricSnitch

TubeBuddy Pro
Thank you for the advice...i see everyone elses thumbnails and they kind of look the same and I know mines is very amateur, I don't want to look like everyone elses.

OP
OP
TheLyricSnitch

TheLyricSnitch

TubeBuddy Pro
If you tell me where to look to find the CTR on TB or YT I'll post a pic. I explain lyrics to songs...I can make that more prominent in my thumbnail.

Also I agree I have to convey how my videos are a help to parents...didnt mean to make it seem like its just about views...i am more saying that I believe that my videos do have value too...taking it all into consideration

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If you tell me where to look to find the CTR on TB or YT I'll post a pic. I explain lyrics to songs...I can make that more prominent in my thumbnail.

Also I agree I have to convey how my videos are a help to parents...didnt mean to make it seem like its just about views...i am more saying that I believe that my videos do have value too...taking it all into consideration
You want to go into your creator studio > videos > select a video you want to see the CTR for > Click "analytics" > In the top go to "reach" and there you will see your CTR

(this is on desktop)
Screenshot (2503)_LI.jpg

OP
OP
TheLyricSnitch

TheLyricSnitch

TubeBuddy Pro
This was my first video and the video where I felt like I had missed opportunity...but I am not sure how to interpret this data...I am going to do another video this weekend, probably two and my goal is to put out two a week. I appreciate your comments and input.

1579380411813.png

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Ok, well y our click through rate is WAY better than mine :joy: what's your audience retention look like. If your average view duration is above 50% then there's absolutely nothing "Wrong" going on.

You're nearly at 100 subscribers within 1 month. You've reached nearly 100 subscribers with only 6 videos... You're on the right path. Make more videos.

I'm personally surprised that you have such high click through rate because I'm not a fan of the thumbnail style, but hey, everyone's tastes are differant I suppose as long as you're answering questions people have in your videos.