• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review What's your opinion about my channel at first time you click on it!

Retro Reels

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
First impressions - It takes some looking around to gather what the channel is about - I would pin a promo video to the channel page to either introduce the topic or advertise the channel.

The playlist titles look as if they are designed for your benefit rather than visitors. Maybe put them into playlists of items used?

You have some great quality content on the channel, I just feel you would benefit from having it arranged a little differently perhaps?

Reactions: craftfornaught

All things M&K

TubeBuddy User
I like your channel's logo! I think it would be best if you will have a color mask n the banner so it will be seen right away and maybe make it a bit bigger :)

It would also be nice to see more writings on the ABOUT section for the viewers, too!

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I like your channel's logo! I think it would be best if you will have a color mask n the banner so it will be seen right away and maybe make it a bit bigger :)

It would also be nice to see more writings on the ABOUT section for the viewers, too!
Thank you, i will update!

First impressions - It takes some looking around to gather what the channel is about - I would pin a promo video to the channel page to either introduce the topic or advertise the channel.

The playlist titles look as if they are designed for your benefit rather than visitors. Maybe put them into playlists of items used?

You have some great quality content on the channel, I just feel you would benefit from having it arranged a little differently perhaps?
Yes, haahh you knew me :))
I'm editing my playlist, kinda find a name for each playlist
And the banner too !
I;m confused too ^^

My playlist is clean now! Thank you for remind me ^^

I did change it, thank you so much !
it's clearer now!

It's done ^^
Thank you!
Much better now haha

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I like the style of your banner and how it ties in with your display pic logo. The yellow and colouring is nice, but I think the title in your banne is a little wordy. I'd personally change it to "turning discurded items into original art" art tends to encompas a veriaty of subjects, and with the characters you've got it's easy to see what the art is.

In the photos of the banner, they're a tad busy. the photo of spiderman has too much rocks in it, it takes a while to see spider man, so I'd zoom in a little more on spiderman in that photo. The panda and kinda blends in with the white and black in the background. if you can, I'd re-take that photo of the panda and bambo on pure white like you did with spiderman.
The landscape shot is way too buys, too much going on and clutters up the banner a bit. I'd find a less cluttered photo along the lines of spiderman. And while the character in the black background is cute, it kinda throws the balance off a little. It still works well with the yellow banner and contrasts with your logo, and shows a dark background will work for your banner as well as white does, but personally it throws of the balance a bit to me.

overall I'd give the banner a solid 7/8 out of 10.

In terms of thumbnails, some of them are good, some of them are confusing, and some of them are way too cluttered. The DIY Upcycle genie's shelf is doing well in terms of views, but I find it a bit cluttered, it's hard to make out what it is.

The boat sail? the pen tree, and the windmill is hard to know what's going on because the background has too much focus on it, and steals the focus away from the main subject, and that seems to be a running trend with your thumbnails.

If you can, I'd go through your craft and super blur out the backgrounds if you can, or find a less cluttered background to photograph them on.

The flamingo wall decor is great, it's simple and easy to tell what it is, the disney trinket boxes are good clear and simple, and the minion photo is fantastic. so I'd try and keep your backgrounds is plain and simple as you can.

Overall though, your views are good and you've had a solid year it looks like :) so if you can tidy up your channel banner and thumbnails and make them straight to the point, I see a strong future for your channel :)

Great stuff! :)

• Love
OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I like the style of your banner and how it ties in with your display pic logo. The yellow and colouring is nice, but I think the title in your banne is a little wordy. I'd personally change it to "turning discurded items into original art" art tends to encompas a veriaty of subjects, and with the characters you've got it's easy to see what the art is.

In the photos of the banner, they're a tad busy. the photo of spiderman has too much rocks in it, it takes a while to see spider man, so I'd zoom in a little more on spiderman in that photo. The panda and kinda blends in with the white and black in the background. if you can, I'd re-take that photo of the panda and bambo on pure white like you did with spiderman.
The landscape shot is way too buys, too much going on and clutters up the banner a bit. I'd find a less cluttered photo along the lines of spiderman. And while the character in the black background is cute, it kinda throws the balance off a little. It still works well with the yellow banner and contrasts with your logo, and shows a dark background will work for your banner as well as white does, but personally it throws of the balance a bit to me.

In terms of thumbnails, some of them are good, some of them are confusing, and some of them are way too cluttered. The DIY Upcycle genie's shelf is doing well in terms of views, but I find it a bit cluttered, it's hard to make out what it is.

The boat sail? the pen tree, and the windmill is hard to know what's going on because the background has too much focus on it, and steals the focus away from the main subject, and that seems to be a running trend with your thumbnails.

If you can, I'd go through your craft and super blur out the backgrounds if you can, or find a less cluttered background to photograph them on.

The flamingo wall decor is great, it's simple and easy to tell what it is, the disney trinket boxes are good clear and simple, and the minion photo is fantastic. so I'd try and keep your backgrounds is plain and simple as you can.

Overall though, your views are good and you've had a solid year it looks like :) so if you can tidy up your channel banner and thumbnails and make them straight to the point, I see a strong future for your channel :)

OMG so detailed, thank you so much for your review!
Yes i knew it, and i', editing the thumbnails, and everthing, i'm confused too when looking at my own video ^^

OP
OP
craftfornaught

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

^^ I edited ^^ Thank you so much!