• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Multiple channels, Single Brand?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
First Thoughts
I've asked about running multiple channels before, but what if you ran multiple channels under a single brand. For instance I have my main channel Black Warrior Lures that focuses on fishing adventures with rustic, elegant & low-cost traditional fishing methods that save people time, energy and money. It focuses on the catching , not the fishing.

But the more I refine the content and the more the fishing adventures have become more like documentary short films, more and more outdoors YouTubers keep asking me about how I get the look or how I grow on YouTube.

New Idea/Approach to a Second Channel
As such I kicked around the idea of starting a second YouTube channel, but why not under the same brand, just a different focus? In other words Black Warrior Lures Studio Edition, where I help outdoors adventurers grown their channels. These would be simple, short video three times a week focused on helping outdoors channel get started and grow over the long term.

It'd basically just be a podcast on my part, not much more than that. I could easily take the three two minute "episodes" and combine the to make one true podcast for iTunes, Sticher and the like. What do you think?

With three videos per week, it'd only take a year to get up to 150 videos. The main channel I'm only getting out two or three video per week there wit the main emphasis on my high quality content that makes the best use of my time.

Summary
Main channel: fishing content
Second channel: niched YouTube-help content for outdoors YouTubers

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Sounds like a great plan. I'm sure there's audience out there who would love help growing a fishing channel from someone who has experience.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
No, you just need to go under your current account and add another channel.

_1  YouTube.pngYouTube.png

• Love

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
One cool thing I noticed is each channel you create also creates a Google Photo section for it so you can upload images for the channel art to its own photo account.

• Love

AsaresAdventures

I am a month later responding to this but I hope someone can chime in for me, but I am having this same thought process for my channel! I have a family channel- guess that will be more like entertainment. But I also want to add how to videos and talk about different topics outside of pranks challenges and MukBangs. Should I make a seperate channel for this or keep it on the same channel? Maybe do a playlist?

• Love

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have Beanie Draws for my art, Beanie Battles (what an awe inspiring name... (sarcasm)) for my gaming (which I haven't really done anything with) a channel for my design which I haven't done anything with yet, a seperate channel just for "Beanie" which I haven't done anything with yet.

But if Beanie Draws had gaming videos, how to make a website tutorial, my thoughts on some random movie, how to learn typography... on a channel about drawing... i don't think people would be too interested :p

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Ikerot and Damon