• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Advice What New Camera should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV Nick

TubeBuddy Pro
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys before you reply with a camera you need to understand my current setup, and what projects I film.

So current gear;
dji osmo plus (4k gimbal camera) with a Rode Micro Pro
Zoom H6 (4 channel XLR audio)
Wireless lapel Mic
Wired Lapel Mic

So that's my current set up as you can tell audio wise am perfect with a reference mic and external sound recording.

What do i film? I do a mixture of shots which range from tripod mounted shots of me sat down talking. I also have shots of me in cars doing car reviews. Physical shots of the cars (walking shots) and also me walking and talking to camera in a vlog style.

What do I need out of a camera?
Must be 4k!
Some people commented that even thou my camera is 4k some of the shots i do at longer focal lengths give a "washed out" look so wanting something that gives a high end crisp shot better than my Osmo.
Price doesn't matter too much one of my sponsors will be picking up the bill but of course it needs to be within a sensible cost so say no more above £1,500 unless theres something out this world for a few hundred more.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
hehe! You've out grown the GH4 too?!? Yeah, there a re way better cameras out there.

So, are you looking for a true cinema camera? Or do you just need a camcorder? For the price mentioned, you could go for a Fuji XT3, but I don't like the hybrid cameras at all. I'd much rather use something like a pro camcorder instead if you don't need a truly cinematic image.

If you need the ability to shoot stills and video in one platform, then the XT3 or GH5 can't be beaten for the price. Maybe even the S1 Panasonic is a much better choice. Like a GH5 with full-frame goodness!

It depends on how you will use it and where you see yourself going in the future. If you plan on color grading and such, even a Blackmagic Pocket 6k could be a good deal. I'm biased toward Z-cam myself. so are you planning on just doing REC.709 or artistic color grading? That plays a roll.

For $2k USD you can get a lot of camera these days, especially since you're already syncing audio in post.

Hard to say for you, but I know I'd be buying the Z-cam E2-S6, but the XT3 Fuji is hard to beat as well. GH5S would round out in third place.

If your sponsor is footing the bill, have they given you a hard budget? Might want to check and be sure.

GearVlogz

TubeBuddy Pro
www.gearvlogz.com
Subscriber Goal
What camera are you using now to create content? :)
For me combination of my Canon 80D and my Moto G5+Cell phone with a DJI Osmo 2 gimbal. Been looking at making the switch to a used iPhone 8+ or 10+ If Canon could get a little better to what Sony has been doing lately I'd consider upgrading my 80D.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
EV Nick

EV Nick

TubeBuddy Pro
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I want full frame and iphone worse than the osomo, Also doesn't suit my style of professional shooting. and to top it off if i charge a client £600 sponsorship for a video and turned up to film it on an iphone i'd get a funny look

• Haha
Reactions: GearVlogz and Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
. . . and to top it off if i charge a client £600 sponsorship for a video and turned up to film it on an iphone i'd get a funny look

No kidding, right!

Man, if you need full-frame, check out the Sony A7III and the Panasonic S1 (with the firmware upgrade). Nikon and Canon are behind the times on mirrorless hybrid full-frame cameras. Although, the Z6 Nikon is the better video machine of the two.

Ergonomically speaking the S1 would be a better machine.

I'd give a plug for the Z-cam's E2-F6 full-frame cinema camera, but it sound like you need an all around do all do everything camera for local clients.

Reactions: GearVlogz

ricardos

In my opinion, the best camcorder will be Sony HDRCX405. If you need videos that will set that social media streaming site on fire, you may want to check out this device. Whether you are a newbie or a pro in the photography landscape, you know that Sony is a product that you can always trust. ThatΓÇÖs not all. Carl Zeiss brings its image professionalism while Sony delivers filming creativity.

Reactions: Zanet and Damon

ricardos

In my opinion, the best camcorder will be Sony HDRCX405 like in this article about What is the Best Camcorder for Youtube Videos? | Webproductradar. If you need videos that will set that social media streaming site on fire, you may want to check out this device. Whether you are a newbie or a pro in the photography landscape, you know that Sony is a product that you can always trust. ThatΓÇÖs not all. Carl Zeiss brings its image professionalism while Sony delivers filming creativity.
Very useful.

J_SinistaProductions

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Canon M50...hands down!!! I liked this camera so much I bought two of them (I really like the 15-45 kit lens). One setup on my "filming" rig for my "studio" setup and the other to be used for B-Roll or on the go, away from the studio filming/pictures! BTW, I went refurb for both of my M50's from Canon. I also splurged on a Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Canon EF-M lens plus variable ND filter for those shots that require a "wider" view!

Paris Russel

No kidding, right!

Man, if you need full-frame, check out the Sony A7III with Gimbal and the Panasonic S1 (with the firmware upgrade). Nikon and Canon are behind the times on mirrorless hybrid full-frame cameras. Although, the Z6 Nikon is the better video machine of the two.

Ergonomically speaking the S1 would be a better machine.

I'd give a plug for the Z-cam's E2-F6 full-frame cinema camera, but it sound like you need an all around do all do everything camera for local clients.

I am looking to buy Sony A7 series camera. Which model is best? Any recommendation?

• Love
Reactions: Damon
Status
Not open for further replies.