• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Branding, theme & tubebuddy quality.

Scubas Gaming

TubeBuddy Pro
Hi. Ok, so if you check my early videos I did those thumbnails. A few weeks ago I hired a ΓÇÿprofessionalΓÇÖ to do my thumbnails. He was great, except he took me away from original vision of having a brand etc. Plus I was sending him the ideas and pictures and he added a white line and writing.
So.. my questions are:,

1.Is the tubebuddy thumbnail designer good? As I was going to get photoshop pro? Does it let you make things transparent, put lines around key objects in pictures and change writing?
2. Is brand important on thumbnails?
3. Checking my channel could you think of a way I can brand myself going off my banner etc? I thought equating coloured writing maybe.

Thanks in advance

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
that shark thumbnail is pretty cool, the text is a bit hard to read in some regards, but I quite like it in other regards (mostly contrast, some thumbs it works, other's it's hard to read)

I think the white line around some of the objects works well. I often will use a white line (when appropriate to my image) to help things stand out.

When you say you hired a "professional" to do your thumbnails, where did you find them? Was this on fiver?

I do like your scuba controller logo, that's a strong brand icon. You don't HAVE to use it, but I do like it as a branding element (and as merch) it's simple and iconic. The only problem is the way you had it in your older thumbs, you had too much emphesis on the circle, and not enough on the actual logo. It's such a cool little logo that you could make the circle a lot smaller.

the snake, shark, ray, sad to leave, turtle, raft are all very strong visually and have great dynamic colour, and the stroke works well.

the green stroke on your recent thumbnail doesn't work.

1. I personally would go with photoshop. I haven't used tubebuddy's thumbnail designer so I can't comment on it, but my instinct would be to go with photoshop.
2. branding on thumbnails is debatable. sometimes it adds, sometimes it takes away. If you want to be recognised, branding can definitely help, but you can also have your "style" in your imagery BE your branding.
3. To be honest, your banner is fine the way it is right now. I'd leave it how it is.

OP
OP
Scubas Gaming

Scubas Gaming

TubeBuddy Pro
that shark thumbnail is pretty cool, the text is a bit hard to read in some regards, but I quite like it in other regards (mostly contrast, some thumbs it works, other's it's hard to read)

I think the white line around some of the objects works well. I often will use a white line (when appropriate to my image) to help things stand out.

When you say you hired a "professional" to do your thumbnails, where did you find them? Was this on fiver?

I do like your scuba controller logo, that's a strong brand icon. You don't HAVE to use it, but I do like it as a branding element (and as merch) it's simple and iconic. The only problem is the way you had it in your older thumbs, you had too much emphesis on the circle, and not enough on the actual logo. It's such a cool little logo that you could make the circle a lot smaller.

the snake, shark, ray, sad to leave, turtle, raft are all very strong visually and have great dynamic colour, and the stroke works well.

the green stroke on your recent thumbnail doesn't work.

1. I personally would go with photoshop. I haven't used tubebuddy's thumbnail designer so I can't comment on it, but my instinct would be to go with photoshop.
2. branding on thumbnails is debatable. sometimes it adds, sometimes it takes away. If you want to be recognised, branding can definitely help, but you can also have your "style" in your imagery BE your branding.
3. To be honest, your banner is fine the way it is right now. I'd leave it how it is.

Wow! Thanks for the very in depth reply! It means a lot! This guy approached my front fiverr. I then got in contact with a lot of others, but for such a cheap price and how much effort he put into everting I kept him.

Do you think maybe my scuba controller (just the black image) could be in every thumbnail in the corner? And maybe a blue aquatic border in every thumbnail? Like these?

Attachments

• D22564F1-EA88-4A5F-8F2B-EDAEDF127DE0.jpeg
    D22564F1-EA88-4A5F-8F2B-EDAEDF127DE0.jpeg
    549.1 KB · Views: 218