• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Movies/TV What is the best use of a pop song in a movie?

Rad Entertainment

Screen Junkies recently did fan auditions for Movie Fights, a show where they debate random topics from movies. They asked the question "What is the best use of a pop song in a movie?" I went with "Stuck in the Middle with You" from Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs.

What do you think the best use of a pop song in a movie is?

Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Screen Junkies recently did fan auditions for Movie Fights, a show where they debate random topics from movies. They asked the question "What is the best use of a pop song in a movie?" I went with "Stuck in the Middle with You" from Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs.

What do you think the best use of a pop song in a movie is?

I liked the new ghost busters use of "I'm not afraid" It fit the tone of the film, and wasn't bad at all!

OP
OP
Rad Entertainment

Rad Entertainment

Wow, with all the controversy surrounding the new Ghostbusters, I applaud your courage in making that statement. I personally haven't seen the new Ghostbusters, but I have heard the song. I gotta say that I am not a fan of it, but as far as its use in the movie, it may very well have worked perfectly. I can't comment on that because I still haven't seen the movie.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Wow, with all the controversy surrounding the new Ghostbusters, I applaud your courage in making that statement. I personally haven't seen the new Ghostbusters, but I have heard the song. I gotta say that I am not a fan of it, but as far as its use in the movie, it may very well have worked perfectly. I can't comment on that because I still haven't seen the movie.

I think having your own opinion, even if unpopular says a lot about a person. I try to practice what I preach. I think it worked well. To juxtapose what worked well, I don't think Immortals in big hero 6 worked well IMO: