• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Getting Random Giveaway from Tubebuddy App

Breakie

TubeBuddy Legend
breakiethedragon.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: Breakie
Title of thread: Getting Random Giveaway from Tubebuddy App
Request Type TubeBuddy Mobile
Android or (Apple) IOS? Android
What version of TubeBuddy Mobile? 2.3.1

Explain your issue: Hello, while I was using Tubebuddy App on my S9+ phone I got a random popup from the app stated that I am a lucky winner for Amazon or Walmart giveaway. I checked the forums, YouTube and Twitter to see if this was legit or if Tubebuddy was doing a giveaway - I didn't have anything else open nor gone to any suspicious websites on my phone. I sent a tweet about it but never got a reply back.
Link your YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwEZuyBcRlQSebkKVkrpfhQ

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Did you download TubeBuddy from the official google App Store? WeΓÇÖre you able to take a screen capture of it?

I had something like this unrelated to TubeBuddy happen after I downloaded a game from another app rather than the google store.
@Andrew @Jim know much more about what this might be?

Reactions: Divyansh Barnwal

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
We may all need to start being more careful and being sure to only download the app from tubebuddyΓÇÖs Official site or from the official play store (or official iTunes App Store) the more the app gains popularity, the more people are going to try and imitate it for nerferious reasons. Minecraft has similar issues with itΓÇÖs shader app.

OP
OP
Breakie

Breakie

TubeBuddy Legend
breakiethedragon.com
Subscriber Goal
Did you download TubeBuddy from the official google App Store? WeΓÇÖre you able to take a screen capture of it?

I had something like this unrelated to TubeBuddy happen after I downloaded a game from another app rather than the google store.
@Andrew @Jim know much more about what this might be?
Hey Beanie,

Yes, I went to the Google Store and got the official TubeBuddy App - been working fine and no issues until now. I will get a screenshot of what it's showing to me.
so far it has not asked for a login nor password just asking for location/real name/ personal information which I am not going to put in.

OP
OP
Breakie

Breakie

TubeBuddy Legend
breakiethedragon.com
Subscriber Goal
Adding screenshot
Screenshot_20190911-204157_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20190911-204146.jpg
Screenshot_20190911-204144.jpg

Jim

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Hi @Breakie can you send a screenshot of the app store for this. I'm pretty sure this isn't our app and am wondering if there's an impersonator out there using our name. I'll search too and let you know if I find it. Thanks!

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
did You download google play? You donΓÇÖt need to download google play, it comes stock on all android phones. What kind of phone do you have?

OP
OP
Breakie

Breakie

TubeBuddy Legend
breakiethedragon.com
Subscriber Goal
Have you installed any other software recently? Maybe a google play ad? A game being advertised in another game?
I have installed software recently - Hungry Dragon and Hungry Shark World - Haven't touched Shark World but I did play a bit for Hungry Dragon, ended the process for the game - no notifications for Hungry Dragon nor had it running while using TubeBuddy App. I do have Norton Security on my phone and done scans on my phone with no alerts or any suspicious activity.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, personally iΓÇÖd Suggest doing a factory reset but the others are investigating more. ItΓÇÖs a little beyond the scope of my knowledge anymore sorry, Jim is looking more into it :)

OP
OP
Breakie

Breakie

TubeBuddy Legend
breakiethedragon.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, personally iΓÇÖd Suggest doing a factory reset but the others are investigating more. ItΓÇÖs a little beyond the scope of my knowledge anymore sorry, Jim is looking more into it :)
I will keep an eye out, so far this only happen one time for Tubebuddy App - I haven't rooted my phone or do any download APK files. Strictly stayed on the Play Store to get apps and of course use Norton Security just to check any suspicious activity.

Thank you for the support Beanie Draws.:)

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Jim

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
My guess is that another app you installed is always running in the background and when TubeBuddy is launched it hides/kills the real TubeBuddy and runs it's own app. If you do see it happen again, please let us know.

Also if you get a chance it'd be good to get a list of apps you have installed so we can work through them and see if we can find the one causing the problem. If you do send a list, you can go to this page in a web browser https://play.google.com/apps to get a list of installed apps. The Play Store app on your phone lets you do the same thing. If you'd prefer to wait until it happens again that's fine too.

Thanks for letting us know about this!

OP
OP
Breakie

Breakie

TubeBuddy Legend
breakiethedragon.com
Subscriber Goal
My guess is that another app you installed is always running in the background and when TubeBuddy is launched it hides/kills the real TubeBuddy and runs it's own app. If you do see it happen again, please let us know.

Also if you get a chance it'd be good to get a list of apps you have installed so we can work through them and see if we can find the one causing the problem. If you do send a list, you can go to this page in a web browser https://play.google.com/apps to get a list of installed apps. The Play Store app on your phone lets you do the same thing. If you'd prefer to wait until it happens again that's fine too.

Thanks for letting us know about this!
Hey Jim, I will get the list for installed apps - Just keeping an eye out and so far nothing has pop up or any ads showing.

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
Breakie

Breakie

TubeBuddy Legend
breakiethedragon.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey @Jim sorry for the late reply for the app list - added screenshots of all the apps that are installed on my phone currently - Still no ads nor any pop-ups, tested both with Tubebuddy and other apps open

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190916-211717_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-211717_Google Play Store.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot_20190916-211728_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-211728_Google Play Store.jpg
    408.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot_20190916-211733_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-211733_Google Play Store.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Screenshot_20190916-211746_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-211746_Google Play Store.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot_20190916-211752_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-211752_Google Play Store.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 218
  • Screenshot_20190916-211801_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-211801_Google Play Store.jpg
    408.8 KB · Views: 215
  • Screenshot_20190916-211806_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-211806_Google Play Store.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot_20190916-211814_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-211814_Google Play Store.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Screenshot_20190916-211819_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-211819_Google Play Store.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 210
  • Screenshot_20190916-211823_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190916-211823_Google Play Store.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 225

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Wonder if the tweet to gif may have something in it, or if the keyboard may be the culprit. IΓÇÖve had some android keyboards and other ΓÇ£boost your phoneΓÇ¥ type apps have sneaky overlay ads in them.

Jim

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Cool thanks for the list! Another one besides Tweet2gif that seems suspect is Vlogger Go Viral. Some of the reviews talk about the constant popups and ads and it does seem like it would be targeted towards YouTubers. I guess if you see the ads again if you could check your phone for which apps are running in the background that could help narrow it down. We'll wait to see if it happens again or if someone else reports something similar. Thanks!

OP
OP
Breakie

Breakie

TubeBuddy Legend
breakiethedragon.com
Subscriber Goal
Cool thanks for the list! Another one besides Tweet2gif that seems suspect is Vlogger Go Viral. Some of the reviews talk about the constant popups and ads and it does seem like it would be targeted towards YouTubers. I guess if you see the ads again if you could check your phone for which apps are running in the background that could help narrow it down. We'll wait to see if it happens again or if someone else reports something similar. Thanks!
Hey Jim, I think I found the problem/issue. I was checking the news tab within tubebuddy app and when I click on one of the article it gave me the same pop up ad that I saw - it was none of the apps I installed, seems to be a third app website or where the article is hosted at.