• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion Least Favourite Niche

People's Bookkeeper

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Ok everyone, I gotta know!

Which niche can you absolutely without a doubt NOT stand? No judgments at all, just simply state which channel styles you wish didn't exist hahaha!

Reactions: Damon

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Almost any niche that isnΓÇÖt art :p
If your video starts with ΓÇ£whatΓÇÖs up itΓÇÖs your boyΓÇ¥ or ΓÇ£hi guys welcome back to my channelΓÇ¥ iΓÇÖll Probably instantly hate it, and the biggest culprits are beauty and gamer videos.
Drama is a waste of oxygen. And while I love Andrew, Nick and Dee etc... the youtube growth space seems to be filled with snakes who actually have no interest in growing your knowledge and are into it for the money and ego.

My FAVOURITE niches are art and tech and education :)

• Haha
OP
OP
People's Bookkeeper

People's Bookkeeper

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Woah woah. You can't just ask this and not tell us first what's your least favorite niche ;)
LOL was hoping no one would notice!! hahaha!

My two least favourites are ASMR and Mukbangs..........just can't stand watching people all gross lol. And I just want to shout at ASMR people and tell them to talk louder lol. The worst would have to be ASMR eating.......ugh!

By the way Beanie that's my niche too lol! I am not a snake though, I genuinely care about helping people grow their channels, check out the amount of comments I get and I reply to every single one! <3

Totally agree on the "what's up it's your boyyyy or girrrrrl" ugh lol.

Great to see everyones responses!

• Haha

Hakido

Almost any niche that isnΓÇÖt art :p
If your video starts with ΓÇ£whatΓÇÖs up itΓÇÖs your boyΓÇ¥ or ΓÇ£hi guys welcome back to my channelΓÇ¥ iΓÇÖll Probably instantly hate it, and the biggest culprits are beauty and gamer videos.
Drama is a waste of oxygen. And while I love Andrew, Nick and Dee etc... the youtube growth space seems to be filled with snakes who actually have no interest in growing your knowledge and are into it for the money and ego.

My FAVOURITE niches are art and tech and education :)
Damn, so i was doing it wrong :(

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
My two least favourites are ASMR and Mukbangs..........just can't stand watching people all gross lol. And I just want to shout at ASMR people and tell them to talk louder lol. The worst would have to be ASMR eating.......ugh!
Haha, I could guess from the other thread about mukbang xD

I do agree that ASMR + Mukbang together is too much. Mukbang by itself is ok. ASMR can be ok too.

For me, I feel like I don't really have a *least* favorite niche. I understand why people like them and I do like some videos of said niche. It's kinda like with an artist. I might not like an artist's whole album, but I might vibe with one of their songs. If I have to really think about it, I guess I don't really go out searching for anime Youtubers lol. Which is great because that's my own niche XD

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Ok everyone, I gotta know!

Which niche can you absolutely without a doubt NOT stand? No judgments at all, just simply state which channel styles you wish didn't exist hahaha!

All of them. I have a reason. People literally will use their niche as a cage sometimes, and it's when you can combine ideas and niches when fun original ideas can blossom :)

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Bloody slime vids that show amazing slime that never works or any scam making channels. They waste my time and products. And sorry ASMR I just hate it lol. Accept perhaps gerbils and hamsters eating lol

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Any channel whose videos start with, "Hey, YouTube! Today's video is gonna be about . . ." They spend 2 minutes telling me what they're going to do. They could have just started doing what they intended and filled in the information later.

Any channel that doesn't either take me on a adventure, tell/show a good story, or teaches me something. Just people yapping off to the camera without anything to say, show or do.

Don't like gaming channel unless they're showing me how to beat a certain level, again teaching me something.

So for me it isn't the niche so much as it is the way the person shoots the footage. They have either spent the time learning how motion picture works or they haven't If they haven't learned at least some of the basic, I'm gone.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think mine has upgraded to the majority of gaming channels and reaction channels. Unfortunatly unless you're a really interesting person, reaction channels are just bottom tier for me. It's easy for people to simply watching thing and go "oh wow!"

Now if you can react with entertaining commentary (stuntmen react etc) people in a professional feild, reacting to people acting in a professional feild, THAT'S interesting. differant genre musician listening or experiencing something for the first time can be interesting. Opera singers listening to slipknot is interesting.

So while there can be really interesting reaction channels, the vast majority of most channels simply react because it's "easy" to do.

• Love

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Another category for me are these robot-voice channels where they just get something trending on Reddit, and literally copy the question and comments in Power Point, then throw a robot voice to read it out loud. Such a waste of life.

Or they compare products just ripping off a comparison site wit ha robot voice.

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
Another category for me are these robot-voice channels where they just get something trending on Reddit, and literally copy the question and comments in Power Point, then throw a robot voice to read it out loud. Such a waste of life.

Or they compare products just ripping off a comparison site wit ha robot voice.
Really frustrating. Just as bad as re-uploaders!

• Haha

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Gaming. I don't get it. Weird i know, but i haven't held a Playstation or XBox controller since 2007/8. And even then, the only game i had was Fifa & PES.

Also...I'll be honest, this whole ASMR thing, I'd literally never heard of it until about 3 weeks ago when i joined this Forum and replied to a @ASMRSadie Post! :joy: I thought i'm pretty well up on things in the world, but I swear this is not even remotely a thing in the UK!

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think it is pretty easy to ignore videos you are not interested in.

My biggest pet peeve are videos that are 10+ minutes long and seem to not get to the point they talk about in the video. I have people I follow that are now starting to do that I feel to increase the runtime of their videos. So instead of a 5 minute clean cut video with a bit of filler they now have another 5 minutes of fluff that makes me unsubscribe.

Also anyone who has a 10+ Second intro sorry but YouTube isn't a 30 minute show those 30 seconds you want are not worth my time.

• Wow
Reactions: Ikerot

Mr Nicky Wilde

Gaming too because some gamers are spamming their video to prompt me to watch their video sometime insipid. But i don't say that all gamers are lame otherwise i shouldn't watch Markiplier or playing video games. Anyway, it's me who decide which channel to subscribe