• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

In Progress Tag Issues on Mobile App

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
User name: Stanley Orchard
Title of thread: Tag Issues on Mobile Ap
Request Type TubeBuddy Mobile
Android or (Apple) IOS? Android
What version of TubeBuddy Mobile? 2.3.0

Explain your issue: Two issues, may be tied together. First the ap is not showing tags for videos... it appears like tags were never entered on the video at all. After logging in and out 'best practices' may reflect that tags exist, but rarely show any tags for videos.

Second, when the tags show: if you back out and check the tags for a different video the ap takes you back to the tags for the first video you checked. This continues no matter how many videos you look at. Ap must be closed and re-opened, entire process restarted to see tags for a different video.

If this is bigger than just me and you need more insight/info let me know, happy to help.

Appreciate you guys.
orchardstanley@gmail.com
Link your YouTube Channel Https://www.youtube.com/stanleyorchard

• Sad
Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: Stanley Orchard
Title of thread: Tag Issues on Mobile Ap
Request Type TubeBuddy Mobile
Android or (Apple) IOS? Android
What version of TubeBuddy Mobile? 2.3.0

Explain your issue: Two issues, may be tied together. First the ap is not showing tags for videos... it appears like tags were never entered on the video at all. After logging in and out 'best practices' may reflect that tags exist, but rarely show any tags for videos.

Second, when the tags show: if you back out and check the tags for a different video the ap takes you back to the tags for the first video you checked. This continues no matter how many videos you look at. Ap must be closed and re-opened, entire process restarted to see tags for a different video.

If this is bigger than just me and you need more insight/info let me know, happy to help.

Appreciate you guys.
orchardstanley@gmail.com
Link your YouTube Channel Https://www.youtube.com/stanleyorchard

I'll tag @Jim and @TubeBuddy Staff to take a look at this :D

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Hey @Jim just curious if you had seen this (I know you're busy, don't want to push you but thought this might have slipped through the cracks).

Jim

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Hi Stanley,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, it's been really busy the last couple days. I checked the logs and didn't see any recent errors related to your channel. I also was able to load your channel on a test phone and did see tags that changed for each video. So it seems like weird behavior.

I'd start by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I'm hoping that since the behavior is so strange, that will fix it. If that doesn't fix it, please send me: a link to one of the videos you expect to see tags on that you aren't. Also let me know what type of phone you're on, and if you know it which version of Android you're running. I can try to recreate the issue on a similar test phone.

Thanks!
Jim

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
@Jim ok i uninstalled and reinstalled. Im seeing tags but issue still persists; after looking at one video's tag rankings I go to see the tag rankings for a different video and it takes me to the tag rankings of the first video i checked, every time until I close out the ap and reopen it. It doesnt matter which video I check first; after seeing the tags for that video I will always be taken back to that video.
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Android Version 9

I know you're busy, totslly understand and I want you to know that I very much appreciate your time and assistance. Thank you sir.

Jim

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Hi Stanley,

Glad to hear the reinstall fixed the tags not displaying issue. As for duplicate tag rankings, I'm able to recreate the issue now. I'll plan to get a release out this weekend that fixes it and let you know when the update is available.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ok that's awesome but ONLY if you promise to ENJOY your weekend! Because otherwise I would prefer you enjoy the weekend and get back next week. @Jim
Thank you for what you do.

• Love
Reactions: Jim and TubeBuddy

Jim

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Lol I did enjoy my weekend, thanks! I completely agree with your view on life. It's fun to put in an hour here or there on weekends, but most of the time is for family & fun.

Alright the new release is out, version 2.3.1. If you upgrade to that, it should fix the issue you're hitting. If it doesn't, please let me know. Thanks!