• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review My Channel is Missing Something

Tyrel Entertainment

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: Tyrel Entertainment
Title of thread: Help Me Help You Help Me
Self review: I think that I could put more time into my videos, but at the same time when they barely hit 20 views its hard to find the balance. I think my audio quality is average and I'm looking for ways to take it to the next level. I want to be on camera but with lighting issues and self confidence issues its hard to be on camera. I never struggle to make content but to be myself while recording is difficult. I try and I hope that shows.
Link to video:
View: https://youtu.be/Bx3_UN8hXJY

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/21508/

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
OK, let's start with the good stuff. Your style for telling your story of your review is not bad. You have a good personality for reviews. The more you do this the better you'll get and the more your personality will evolve and grow. Keep that going.

Now, for some constructive criticism. First, you need to work on your silent moments. When you finished making your statement I noticed you would stay quiet for a couple of seconds. This could give the impression that your audio is damaged or the video is done. Try not to leave silent moments in between commentaries. Here's an example of what I mean:
View: https://youtu.be/Bx3_UN8hXJY?t=61

Second I think your videos could benefit from putting yourself in them but if you're not comfortable with that then here's an alternative. Take pictures of yourself in different positions that would match your reactions in your commentary and use those to put yourself in the video. Kinda like how Mat Pat does in his Game Theory videos. I've seen that used many times before. You can come up with your own style. Still, I would recommend trying to put yourself in there. The more you do it the more comfortable you get doing it. I just started a new channel where I am putting myself in front of a camera. It's not easy for me either but I'm starting to enjoy it and the more I do it the better I get at it. Don't worry about your gear. You can always try different ideas to improve your videos such as using a lamp, a stronger light in the room. Start small, and simple and with time you may be able to improve your lighting and such. Take it from me, I've been super shy all of my life but I'm trying to break that with these videos.

Reactions: Tyrel Entertainment

Photoguy

Subscriber Goal
First of all I think your audio quality is fine and your voice feels natural and like you're genuinely interested in what you're talking about. It's hard to sound geniune but you seem to have a natural talent for it. What I think the video lacks is movement, right now it's sort of static. And by movement I mean things that aren't popping onto the screen every once in a while. You can simply play a game while you're talking and have that game run in background as you're speaking. In my opinion it might as well work better than being in front of the camera. I think it's more fun to watch a game than seeing a person speaking.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ok, your presentation is good. You speak well, you're passionate and informes. But it is a video and you are going to need more 'stuff' going on in your videi. Being on camera would make a difference. Keep working, you'll get it. You have a great start.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Can I just suggest you change the title of your thread because ΓÇ£help me help you help meΓÇ¥ is dangerously close to ΓÇ£sub for subΓÇ¥ which is against our rules.

Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
You've got the voice, kid. Put the camera on you and shoot a proper video. Get this book: "How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck," and it will make your talent shine. The current presentation is getting in the way of your talent. You need to shoot in a way that highlights your talent.