• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Movies/TV Rocket Man!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I have to say Rocket Man was really good! A lot better than I was expecting, and I'm really happy I saw it! I wanted to know, did anyone else here see it? :D

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Do you have some more in-depth thoughts? I had no real interest in watching it despite enjoying Elton JohnΓÇÖs music. Maybe iΓÇÖll Wait for it to come to Netflix

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Do you have some more in-depth thoughts? I had no real interest in watching it despite enjoying Elton JohnΓÇÖs music. Maybe iΓÇÖll Wait for it to come to Netflix

Sure! I think that overall the movie did a great job depicting the good and bad in his life. It taught me a lot of things I didn't know and or think about Elton John. The songs are actually redone and re-mastered and are A LOT of fun. A few times I forgot it wasn't actually Elton John singing, and I think that is an incredible skill for an actor to posses. I also like it a bit more than bohemian rhapsody. Mostly because it wasn't afraid to go to the dark places of John's life, and it stays there and let's you think. Where Bohemian rhapsody was pretty much a queen film starring Freddy mercury. Rocket man is a character study, and it benefits A LOT from that!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Sure! I think that overall the movie did a great job depicting the good and bad in his life. It taught me a lot of things I didn't know and or think about Elton John. The songs are actually redone and re-mastered and are A LOT of fun. A few times I forgot it wasn't actually Elton John singing, and I think that is an incredible skill for an actor to posses. I also like it a bit more than bohemian rhapsody. Mostly because it wasn't afraid to go to the dark places of John's life, and it stays there and let's you think. Where Bohemian rhapsody was pretty much a queen film starring Freddy mercury. Rocket man is a character study, and it benefits A LOT from that!
I suppose In Terms of darkness, they wanted to keep the image of queen as fun and didnΓÇÖt wanΓÇÖt to delve too much into the darkness of a man who is no lo her with us, where as Elton John is still alive and he ΓÇ£has the rightΓÇ¥ to have a say I. How he was portrayed. I think I remember Elton John having quite a creative input in this film am I correct? IΓÇÖm into documentaries so these more film like documentaries are kinda interesting to me :)