• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

In Progress Questions to the Keyword Tool (monthly searches) & when it does start to rank

ialex

User name: ialex
Title of thread: Questions to the Keyword Tool (monthly searches) & when it does start to rank
Request Type Other
Explain your issue: problems with KW search

Hey guys :)

I use that tool for like 2 weeks and something and I have to say its really okey.
But there are 1 - 2 things which i really dont like and thats:

- Keyword searching
- weighted/unweighted score

1. ) KW searching

By searching the keywords I look for weighted. But isnt there a tool which makes u suggestion to the searched KW┬┤s? It feels like I have first collect every possibly KW on paper and then type them 1 to 1 into the tool. The chance I miss a really good KW is extremely high because the tool doesnt give me other search KW┬┤s. Thats really much work and the suggestions on the right side arent that helpful always ;/ Sometimes none show up.

Also really really important for me are the numbers. Like important are the monthly search results. What does #of Videos in Search Results mean? Does it mean pple searched summary for that or what does it mean? Like if the number is 784k by 58/100 - is that good/bad? Also how does it look by 45k / 50/100 etc. How do I know if people really search for it if there is no monthly search volume on it?

2.) weighted/unweighted

I know that weighted is the one you should choose since it shows you the possibility to rank with your current account. Unweighted is more general. But even added all the important Keywords (title, description, tags) like 80-90% of my videos dont rank in YT. My question would be how long does it take YT to list me in the searches? The number from the keywords is like 49/100 - 58/100. I have actually 21 subscribers. Is there a generelly time to say my KW┬┤s will rank for it?

About help I would be really thankful since these 2 things are the gamechanger and the reason why I bought a tool like that. I cant make KW search to wrong or missing datas.

Regards
Alex

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
1) Kw searching numbers are giving a grade, focus on the color. It's like a Stop light Red means stop, and consider another keyword, yellow is caution, green is good to go. # of videos in search results, means how many videos there are in search results so if you see 100K there are 100,000 videos for that term. We offer #of searches per month which shows you how many people are looking for that term per month see this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoyLBOyJXD4

2) YT lists people now with the "new" tag so depending on initial 48 hour performance could rank from the start. However, when the new tag leaves, yt judges how to rank on how many people watched and how long for. For more help, post screen shots or the video you've optimized!

OP
OP
ialex

ialex

Hey Andrew,

thx for your quick reply!

In my case its 58/100 with 781k videos in results.
But the monthly search volume isnt there (the search volume is "fair") a little in the orange area

Is this now good or bad? Because its more by the red are than by the yellow

I have also other KW┬┤s which are in yellow or nearly by yellow with 50-55/100 and like 200-300k search volume
My question is just if thats really worth to optimize since i cant see the exact search volume per month (especially for Accounts with low subscribers).

Regards
Alex

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey Andrew,

thx for your quick reply!

In my case its 58/100 with 781k videos in results.
But the monthly search volume isnt there (the search volume is "fair") a little in the orange area

Is this now good or bad? Because its more by the red are than by the yellow

I have also other KW┬┤s which are in yellow or nearly by yellow with 50-55/100 and like 200-300k search volume
My question is just if thats really worth to optimize since i cant see the exact search volume per month (especially for Accounts with low subscribers).

Regards
Alex

Again please send the link to a video you've optimized to give better information. :)

Reactions: Extended Universe

Extended Universe

What happens in a case where the search volume about searches per month doesn't show up at all?
What does it mean? What is the reason behind having no searches per month? Is it maybe because it is not searched at all?
And if we can't get an exact number, then can we at least be sure that the keyword is being searched at all?
By this I mean: is the Search Volume metrics also based on searches per month or is it like about overall searches of the specific keyword?

In this given example, the first image shows that a keyword phrase has no searches per month given, while a single word that I checked just for an example shows the searches per month section, so is it this specific phrase that does not have searches per month or is it like that with all the phrases?
Also if you see the image you may notice that even though I have this key phrase added as a tag to my video, the keywords stats show that I own 0 videos with that specific keyword which is not true.
Thank you for reading this and I will be waiting for your reply!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
What happens in a case where the search volume about searches per month doesn't show up at all?
What does it mean? What is the reason behind having no searches per month? Is it maybe because it is not searched at all?
And if we can't get an exact number, then can we at least be sure that the keyword is being searched at all?
By this I mean: is the Search Volume metrics also based on searches per month or is it like about overall searches of the specific keyword?

As we explain in this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoyLBOyJXD4

We only offer Searches per month as a term is searched, and by enough people. It let's us know if there are interest in the terms, due to our limits with the YT API we can't display every single term combination in the world because that's BILLIONS of data points, so that's why we do it this way. If there are no searches, there could one generally be 0, or it's we don't have enough people searching for that term, or it isn't available. Search volume as it is displayed in KE is for the specific keyword you type in.

Also if you see the image you may notice that even though I have this key phrase added as a tag to my video, the keywords stats show that I own 0 videos with that specific keyword which is not true.

This is for ranking purposes are you ranking for that keyword? If yes then E-mail support@tubebuddy.com so they can look at it some more, if no, then you own 0 videos ranking for that keyword.

• Love
Reactions: Technic Pariksha