• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Movies/TV Aladdin is out! What are your thoughts?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I honestly don't have the need to watch the movie haha. As much as it is, I grew up on Ghibli Studio than I did Disney.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I won't go to the theaters but I do plan on seeing it when it's out of theaters unless I was to do a review of the movie but even then I doubt I'll see it in theaters. But I'll tell you this much, I am a bit torn. The whole Will Smith as a gene thing has me confused. I don't know if I'm gonna like it or if I even want to like it. I'll still give it a shot though. I have hopes Smith can deliver. So far from what I have heard the movie is doing well in the theaters.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Seeing it tonight... will update with a short review later. I've never even seen the original Aladdin so this could be interesting LOL.

UPDATE:

Loved it! Was shocked to learn that Naomi Scott was actually the one singing... had no idea she sang that well :D. I'd watch it again (and likely will tbh)

Last edited:
Reactions: BraveStar

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Seeing it tonight... will update with a short review later. I've never even seen the original Aladdin so this could be interesting LOL.

UPDATE:

Loved it! Was shocked to learn that Naomi Scott was actually the one singing... had no idea she sang that well :D. I'd watch it again (and likely will tbh)

Hmmm I may have to reconsider my position on the movie then

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

UPDATE:

That is awesome. So far have yet to see any negative comments on it. Now I definitely have to see it.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal

UPDATE:

So when are you gonna be watching the original :p

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
When it goes on Netflix or Amazon Prime LOL. I doubt it will be anywhere near as good as this was though :eek:
Well it's owned by Disney so it won't be on Netflix or Amazon Prime probably. You'll have to either get it on dvd or something, or watch it on their own streaming platform now. The originals are great though.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
When it goes on Netflix or Amazon Prime LOL. I doubt it will be anywhere near as good as this was though :eek:
Well it's owned by Disney so it won't be on Netflix or Amazon Prime probably. You'll have to either get it on dvd or something, or watch it on their own streaming platform now. The originals are great though.
That is quite the hot take, Aaron lol.

Yeah, Beanie, I was thinking about how it's Aladdin and it's owned by Disney xD

Maybe you can catch it on Disney now that the live action is out haha.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I've seen it! I liked it quite a bit, I don't think it's as good as the original, but for me.

I thought Will smith carried it. I thought alladdin was probably the weakest part, him or Jafar. I didn't feel they were bad, but lacking is the best way to describe how it felt for me. I will say that I liked Jasmine, I thought she fit very well, and her song speeches is jarring in the film, but sends a powerful message!

• Love
Reactions: Aaron