• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Affiliate Question Do coupon codes impact referrer?

Corey P

I know there are a couple of "official" TubeBuddy discount codes floating around offering up to 50% off, as well as a bunch of other referrer specific codes that are typically 20-30% off.

If someone clicks my affiliate link, but then uses one of these codes, will the owner of the coupon code get the credit or will I?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I know there are a couple of "official" TubeBuddy discount codes floating around offering up to 50% off, as well as a bunch of other referrer specific codes that are typically 20-30% off.

If someone clicks my affiliate link, but then uses one of these codes, will the owner of the coupon code get the credit or will I?

The affiliate still gets credit for the purchase. The discount is applied to the payment and then the affiliate receives his portion of the discounted payment. As an example, if the TubeBuddy account was setup using Affiliate A's link and they purchase a license using a coupon code they found from Affiliate B. Affiliate A receives the affiliate's portion of the payment. Affiliate B does not receive anything. That's what support said!

Reactions: Dimi