• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Movies/TV Detective Pikachu!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I just wanted to start the discussion! How much do you know about the Pokemon Franchise? More Specifically the Detective Pikachu Game?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bILE5BEyhdo

I thought the movie overall was good! I don't think it's winning any oscars, but it's not trying to. Ryan reynolds REALLY gave more than he had to, and honestly he carries the movie. There is a lot of heart in his acting. I will say the three twists was a bit much, and when detective pikachu starts talking about how Tim's dad would be proud of him, I knew Pikachu was his dad. I didn't know they would end it without Tim finding a pokemon, but I think that leaves room for more films. Overall, I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I heard from my friend that it's pretty good! I haven't gotten the opportunity to watch it yet :c

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Never played detective Pickachu and stopped playing the games after Pokemon Blue, BUT I did know a lot of the pokemon thanks to Pokemon Go being up to gen 4 now :)
I enjoyed the movie. I shed a tear, but unpopular opinion (maybe spoiler warning) I didn't like the end. The end felt forced and out of place.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My Pokemon knowledge is limited to most of the movies and maybe a couple of the million seasons they have. I even tried the Pokemon Go game for a bit. But I'm not that big on Pokemon. My kids however are. I'll watch this one when it comes to Netflix or whatever online platform it comes on.