• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

In Progress Keyword Explorer Issues with Chrome OS

Eddy with a y

User name: Eddy with a y
Title of thread: Keyword Explorer Issues with Chrome OS
Request Type Browser Extension/TubeBuddy Website Tools
What browser are you on? Chrome
Studio Beta or Studio Classic? I'm not sure
What version of TubeBuddy? v1.45.420
Is it related to a video? No
Explain your issue: The keyword explorer feature won't show any results and the plugin keeps getting corrupted and I need to repair it to get it to work again. I'm using Google Chrome OS Version 73.0.3683.88 (Official Build) (64-bit). I have a mac mini and the keyword explorer function works perfectly. Please advise. Thanks.
Link your YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCymHALy4NZpg95R7gVRvWjA

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Eddy with a y

Eddy with a y

See the attached files.

Attachments

• Tubebuddy_extension_corrupted.png
    Tubebuddy_extension_corrupted.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 363
  • TubeBuddy-Issue_YouTube.png
    TubeBuddy-Issue_YouTube.png
    291.3 KB · Views: 368
  • broken-image-keyword-explorer.png
    broken-image-keyword-explorer.png
    430.7 KB · Views: 372

Phil

CEO of TubeBuddy
TubeBuddy User
Weird! That's a new one. Does this happen with any other browser extensions?

I tried to look up that error message and see it on other extensions but they basically tell people just to repair or re-install: https://www.askvg.com/repair-corrupted-idm-integration-module-extension-in-google-chrome/

In a worst case scenario, we ask people to create a new User Profile on their Chrome Browser and that generally fixes it. You can click this icon next to the 3 dots and then "Manage People" https://www.screencast.com/t/TjNoxjcVa6 Then install TubeBuddy on the new Profile/Person you create. You will have a new set of cookies/cache/etc

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

AsItReallyIs

I am having this issue too, Google chrome keeps reporting "
This extension may have been corrupted"

I have to reinstall and sign in every time, no issues on firefox!

I am using
Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)
studio classic

Ubuntu 18.04

update 20th April 2019

I am getting occasionally this white screen while trying to access tubebuddy within youtube, on Chrome, extremely annoying and frustrating

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2019-04-19 20-16-09.png
    Screenshot from 2019-04-19 20-16-09.png
    743.8 KB · Views: 249
  • youtube-whitescreen.png
    youtube-whitescreen.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I am having this issue too, Google chrome keeps reporting "
This extension may have been corrupted"

I have to reinstall and sign in every time, no issues on firefox!

I am using
Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)
studio classic

Ubuntu 18.04

update 20th April 2019

I am getting occasionally this white screen while trying to access tubebuddy within youtube, on Chrome, extremely annoying and frustrating

Sent this to the team.

PredictedCyborg

Registered just to add that I too have this issue and have been having it for a little while now. Think the first time the extension 'corrupted' was during the last 'big' break I took from YT - somewhere between March 17th and April 8th. It was fine before then and was corrupted when I came back to uploading videos. If those dates help to locate any changes that could be doing this?

I'm on a Chromebook using Version 73.0.3683.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) of the Chrome OS.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Registered just to add that I too have this issue and have been having it for a little while now. Think the first time the extension 'corrupted' was during the last 'big' break I took from YT - somewhere between March 17th and April 8th. It was fine before then and was corrupted when I came back to uploading videos. If those dates help to locate any changes that could be doing this?

I'm on a Chromebook using Version 73.0.3683.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) of the Chrome OS.

I'll tag @Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal

Do you have the latest version of TubeBuddy? We fixed it in our latest patch, but if it's still not working for you, then we'll try to find another solution.

PredictedCyborg

Do you have the latest version of TubeBuddy? We fixed it in our latest patch, but if it's still not working for you, then we'll try to find another solution.

Well I reinstalled it yesterday just before I posted my message to the forum so I think it should have been the latest version, and it's already re-corrupted itself this morning. :x I did hit 'Repair' as opposed to removing and reinstalling the extension though.

Screenshot 2019-05-04 at 08.36.03.png

Interesting thing is that navigating to the Web Store page for the extension tells me that Chrome has 'disabled' the extension, though re-enabling it doesn't seem to make it work again (everything seems fine but I have none of the features available to use).

Just to be sure it was the latest version I'm removing the extension and completely reinstalling it. I'll let you know if it re-corrupts itself.

EDIT (19.47PM GMT+1)
Yup, it's corrupted itself again

Last edited:

PredictedCyborg

Forgive me for making an extra post, but I've something new to add.

Curious thing. I've reinstalled the extension after the last corruption but haven't signed in with the Youtube account I use it for yet.
The extension has not yet corrupted, it's been about a day and a half and it usually goes within a day or less. The extension is still functional according to the Extensions tab, and it's still visible in my upper toolbar.

Again, I'm posting this information in case it helps in any way.