• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software Switched to DaVinci Resolve 16 and now can't see any clips!

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I've been using Resolve 15 for a few months. Really like it and plan on upgrading to the paid version soon. I saw a video of the new features and decided to download and upgrade to 16. Now all of my video clips and thumbnails appear as solid black. Audio is there and clips seem to be the right length, but can't see anything. Just to check, I rendered a short clip to see how it would output. It outputs a solid green "blob" of a screen. Am I missing something on a setting or something?

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Let me know if I'm understanding the problem correctly. You had projects made in Resolve 15. Resolve 16's update caused glitching and made you lose your video feed? Does that about sound correct?

I haven't updated so I can't say what the issue is or if it is widespread but I'd try using Blackmagic's support system/forum to find a solution before trying to mess with anything as troubleshooting yourself. I always wait a bit for major updates to make sure nothing busts before I adopt it.

OP
OP
RazzBarlow

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Let me know if I'm understanding the problem correctly. You had projects made in Resolve 15. Resolve 16's update caused glitching and made you lose your video feed? Does that about sound correct?

I haven't updated so I can't say what the issue is or if it is widespread but I'd try using Blackmagic's support system/forum to find a solution before trying to mess with anything as troubleshooting yourself. I always wait a bit for major updates to make sure nothing busts before I adopt it.
It affects even fresh clips that I import. I've posted on the Blackmagic forum and am waiting for a response.

I gave up and went back to Resolve 15.

Reactions: Aaron