• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Camera Gear New Camcorder

Zebra Wheelie

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So I've finally went and bought my first professional vlogging camcorder.

What do you think?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey! Nice! What is the camera and mic you're using? Have you used it yet for your newer videos? How is it?

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
Zebra Wheelie

Zebra Wheelie

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks. The mike came with the camcorder itself. I think it is a stereo microphone.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Looks fancy :) I'm curious what the differances are between a camcorder and a DSLR that shoots video, other than maybe filming duration

So great question! Duration is one, also just the way the two read media can be slightly different, some camcorders offer built in headphone jacks too so you can monitor audio, but the biggest reason for a DSLR is the ability to switch lenses with different focal lengths and abilities to let in light! If you don't mind having one option than camcorder is fine!

Reactions: Zebra Wheelie
OP
OP
Zebra Wheelie

Zebra Wheelie

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So great question! Duration is one, also just the way the two read media can be slightly different, some camcorders offer built in headphone jacks too so you can monitor audio, but the biggest reason for a DSLR is the ability to switch lenses with different focal lengths and abilities to let in light! If you don't mind having one option than camcorder is fine!
I picked this one because of the duration available and the fact that it has a rotatable touch screen that i can use to help line up my shot when I'm vlogging. Plus this camcorder also has night vision.