• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Movies/TV How To Train Your Dragon (HTTYD) 3 Was A Great Sequel, I Definitely Recommend (no spoilers)

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It seems the most difficult kind of movie to make is a sequel, or even a sequel to a sequel. Toy Story 2 and 3 weren't so bad, Cars 2 bombed for a lot of people while Cars 3 brought it back. HTTYD 2 was pretty good but HTTYD 3 was actually a great sequel. It has a great story to it and I love the ending. It actually kept me wanting to watch every moment and the characters, being a little older, still came off extremely goofy and funny and it was great. Even the bad guy was great.

I'm a sucker for animated movies. This one is definitely a must watch for the family.

I give it 4 1/2 Brave Starrs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ7XUCQ6pbE

Reactions: TubeBuddy

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I agree about Cars 2.. It truly did bomb. I really hated it to be honest. Seemed too typical, and the spy plot for me, it just didn't work. Cars 3 was better, but i wouldn't call it the "bestΓÇ¥out of all of them, you know? I am going to watch HTDYD3 soon! Thanks for your review.

OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Cars was definitely the best, and definitely one of the best Disney movies. I didn't hate Cars 2. I enjoyed it but it definitely steered away from what made Cars a great movie by adding the spy angle. My only real disappointment is they never made the Cars and Planes movie. Planes and Planes 2 were both great movies made in the Cars world and they made us believe a Cars and Planes movie would eventually be made but so far nothing.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
It seems the most difficult kind of movie to make is a sequel, or even a sequel to a sequel. Toy Story 2 and 3 weren't so bad, Cars 2 bombed for a lot of people while Cars 3 brought it back. HTTYD 2 was pretty good but HTTYD 3 was actually a great sequel. It has a great story to it and I love the ending. It actually kept me wanting to watch every moment and the characters, being a little older, still came off extremely goofy and funny and it was great. Even the bad guy was great.

I'm a sucker for animated movies. This one is definitely a must watch for the family.

I give it 4 1/2 Brave Starrs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ7XUCQ6pbE

LOVE The HTTYD franchise, and the third did everything I needed it to! I'm happy to have seen such a great trilogy! :D

Reactions: BraveStar