• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question Do you ever buy random pieces of cloth for taking photos on?

DawnDawn

I have several random pieces of fabric material I like to use to take photos on. I don't have any fancy lighting or green screen or photo taking equipment. So I just buy what looks pretty or eye catching and have decided to try and take videos facing downward at the items I'm trying to record and just talk about the item as I'm showing it. I plan to do this for unboxing videos and review videos.

But here's the problem sometimes the material is to thin so I crinkle the material or I kind of pillow the material behind the product. I was thinking about using some thicker poster board to place under the material to make it look thicker but not sure.

If you use random pieces of material how do you store your material.

Do you store in baggies?
Do you fold them or roll them?
Do you organize them by size?
Or by style?
Do you use them as small backgrounds?
Or just for flat based videos or photos?

I'm still a bit new to all this so just wondering.

Reactions: HOTFRUIT

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I don't buy random pieces of cloth to take photos on, however i use microfibre cloth to clean a lot of things.

Reactions: HOTFRUIT

Matloob

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
very simple and easy take youe photo edit in photoshop with nice back ground

HOTFRUIT

TubeBuddy Star
hotfruit.org
Subscriber Goal
Ah yes I do the same. There is a store near me called https://sostrenegrene.com/ and they have the best stuff. They are closed at the moment as our country is in a lockdown due to covid. But the other week I bought a 3pack of 'cotton cloth nappies/dypers' - these are perfect for photographing around food shots. Hahaaha if people only knew. To be honest not much difference between a tea towel and these but just thought it was funny that they were being sold as dypers hahaha

HOTFRUIT

TubeBuddy Star
hotfruit.org
Subscriber Goal
I will sometimes purchase fancy bits of cloth for photos or filming but haven't done it in a while and it usually just turns into hoarding :p
wow!!! Your videos are amazing. Major skills !!! I love the voice-overs. Easy voice to listen to, super positive. The top banner on your home YT page is class. Plus I just hit Juarassic Park at the right age when it was released into cinemas so Im just gonna have to subscribe :)