• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Movies/TV Have You Ever Experienced 4D?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Have you ever experienced 4D before? It's kinda like 3D, except 1D better (*coughs*).

When I was a kid, my family took me to Universal City Studios and at the same, they were showcasing Shrek 4D. I don't know if it's still around. Anyways, I thought it was really cool because it made you feel like you were inside the movie. The most surprising thing for me was when Donkey sneezed at the screen and water sprayed on my face. I felt like I crossed the boundary of movie and reality.

I'm also planning on watching Shazam in 4D once it released ;)

Edit: I also started thinking about that Terminator show, which is also from Universal if I remember. :thinking:

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Have you ever experienced 4D before? It's kinda like 3D, except 1D better (*coughs*).

When I was a kid, my family took me to Universal City Studios and at the same, they were showcasing Shrek 4D. I don't know if it's still around. Anyways, I thought it was really cool because it made you feel like you were inside the movie. The most surprising thing for me was when Donkey sneezed at the screen and water sprayed on my face. I felt like I crossed the boundary of movie and reality.

I'm also planning on watching Shazam in 4D once it released ;)

Edit: I also started thinking about that Terminator show, which is also from Universal if I remember. :thinking:
I never watched 4d but there are certain rides such as Spongebob: the ride that let you see in 4d. It makes me really uncomfortable when everythingΓÇÖs in your face.
This is exactly why i go to 2d.
I got Dbox seats for Batman Vs Superman, and then there was a scary scene(alien comes up and pops out at your face) and my seat was shaking like crazy as i tried to put my coat hoodie over my head.

OP
OP
Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I never watched 4d but there are certain rides such as Spongebob: the ride that let you see in 4d. It makes me really uncomfortable when everythingΓÇÖs in your face.
This is exactly why i go to 2d.
I got Dbox seats for Batman Vs Superman, and then there was a scary scene(alien comes up and pops out at your face) and my seat was shaking like crazy as i tried to put my coat hoodie over my head.
Haha. I'm not a big fan of 3D, mainly because I feel like not a lot of movies are made with 3D in mind so there isn't a point in watching it in 3D.

The one theater I know that does 4D, when they were playing The Nun, there was a worker who dressed the nun. She just walked up and down the seats just staring at people.

Reactions: Bitbat

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think the only 4D experience I had was with Spider-man in Universal Studios. It was cool to feel water and heat whenever they showed up on the screen.

Reactions: Ikerot

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have. In a place known as "Canada's Wonderland", there is a ride like a cowboy, where the seat shakes, and for some reason, they really could replicate a rusty smell.

twowaymirrors

www.twowaymirrors.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes!! They do still have Shrek 4D and a ton of others now in Orlando. The Ride through New York with Jimmy Fallon is super crazy to me! It feels so immersive that you seriously feel like part of the show. The only part I don't like is that everything seems out of focus. I kind of go cross-eyed and struggle to see everything clearly. Like it was made in 360p instead of 4k.

I like the shorter 4D experiences way MORE than going to a movie theater to see 3D or 4D long movies.

The RIP Universal Haunted Tour is one of the most epic experiences as well because they add the sound effects to the scare-actors AND smells like rotten eggs, vomit, etc. It's the 4D without the 3D glasses. :D

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have. In a place known as "Canada's Wonderland", there is a ride like a cowboy, where the seat shakes, and for some reason, they really could replicate a rusty smell.
What about the ride Guardian/Zombies? I think that's 4d.

OP
OP
Ikerot

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
So I got to go watch Shazam in 4D yesterday. It was pretty fun! I was even better because my friend didn't bring a jacket with him and there were a bunch of scenes where people were up in the sky or in that stone place (you see in the trailer). So it got pretty chilly in the screen room because cold air kept blowing at us xD

I really like the theater I went too as well. The seats were pretty nice, but they weren't too comfortable because you're gonna get thrashed around anyways. The car scene in the beginning? Very nice (in terms of the 4D and not what happened lol) xD

The only thing that sucked was that I had to wear the 3D glasses over my glasses. It was a minor nuisance though and I didn't get a headache from watching.