• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Movies/TV Captain Marvel Review (Possible Spoilers?)

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm sorry to anyone who hasn't seen the movie and may read this. I will try to not give away anything from the movie but I can't make any promises.

So, I'm not much of a comic book person. My knowledge of the Marvel Universe comes from the movies since Iron Man all the way to Avengers Infinity Wars, The X-Men and Fantastic Four movies (all except for the last fantastic Four Reboot). My knowledge of the DC Universe comes mostly from the cartoons I watched as a child from The Super Friends all the way to Reign Of The Supermen and from the movies and TV shows such as Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman. Taking all of this into account my opinion on these movies and cartoons are mostly based on how much I enjoyed what they were, not so much where they came from.

I, like many others, am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the second to last Marvel movie from the first three phases, Avengers End Game (Infinity Wars II) but before that, we have to see the latest Marvel movie to hit the theaters, Captain Marvel. Why? Because we need to understand several things. First, why did Fury use that outdated, modified 90s beeper (I had one of those amazingly enough) just before he disintegrated? How will this help the Avengers who already lost the fight? And the most important question of all, why wasn't Captain Marvel in any of the previous Marvel movies including the 3 Avengers movies where the world was in peril every time? The first and last question easily get answered. the second, well, we will obviously have to wait for End Game to come to find out.

Captain Marvel was a great movie. Marvel Studios continues to entertain me with movies that don't look stupid, boring and downright corny (Green Lantern anyone?). I loved the whole 90's storyline and background music in the movie. Can't remember the last time I saw a Blockbuster open. Guess they never gonna collect all those late fees I still owed them. There were a lot of stories about how this movie was trying to put men down but I never saw any of the stupid things people were crying about. Captain Marvel deserves the mantel of female superhero role model just like Wonder Woman. My only gripe was the story behind Nick Fury's left eye predicament. I wasn't expecting something that seemed that, well, corny.

Either way, I highly recommend watching this movie. Not only because it will make more sense connecting Infinity War to End Game but also because it's a great movie.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LHxvxdRnYc

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm sorry to anyone who hasn't seen the movie and may read this. I will try to not give away anything from the movie but I can't make any promises.

So, I'm not much of a comic book person. My knowledge of the Marvel Universe comes from the movies since Iron Man all the way to Avengers Infinity Wars, The X-Men and Fantastic Four movies (all except for the last fantastic Four Reboot). My knowledge of the DC Universe comes mostly from the cartoons I watched as a child from The Super Friends all the way to Reign Of The Supermen and from the movies and TV shows such as Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman. Taking all of this into account my opinion on these movies and cartoons are mostly based on how much I enjoyed what they were, not so much where they came from.

I, like many others, am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the second to last Marvel movie from the first three phases, Avengers End Game (Infinity Wars II) but before that, we have to see the latest Marvel movie to hit the theaters, Captain Marvel. Why? Because we need to understand several things. First, why did Fury use that outdated, modified 90s beeper (I had one of those amazingly enough) just before he disintegrated? How will this help the Avengers who already lost the fight? And the most important question of all, why wasn't Captain Marvel in any of the previous Marvel movies including the 3 Avengers movies where the world was in peril every time? The first and last question easily get answered. the second, well, we will obviously have to wait for End Game to come to find out.

Captain Marvel was a great movie. Marvel Studios continues to entertain me with movies that don't look stupid, boring and downright corny (Green Lantern anyone?). I loved the whole 90's storyline and background music in the movie. Can't remember the last time I saw a Blockbuster open. Guess they never gonna collect all those late fees I still owed them. There were a lot of stories about how this movie was trying to put men down but I never saw any of the stupid things people were crying about. Captain Marvel deserves the mantel of female superhero role model just like Wonder Woman. [redacted] I wasn't expecting something that seemed that, well, corny.

Either way, I highly recommend watching this movie. Not only because it will make more sense connecting Infinity War to End Game but also because it's a great movie.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LHxvxdRnYc

I'd place the following text from your post in a spoiler tag:
My only gripe was the story behind Nick Fury's left eye predicament .
Other than that I see no potential spoilers.

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I watch those films always years later when they show up on Netflix or prime video and wonder what all the fuss was about back then.
The MCU movies are entertaining but little more.
(My kids stormed us into the cinema yesterday by accident but luckily there wasn't anything interesting for a family running)

I found Titans very good but maybe mostly because I never watched teen titans and didn't knew the characters well enough so when the real names dropped that was a big surprise to me.

I tried to read myself into Marvel when the first Iron man movie came up but found it to be really difficult because of the sheer mass and incoherence of the universe.
I did read quite some comics in my teens but never really that many super hero stories.
To be honest I never really found either the DC nor Marvel art stile really to my liking (I know there are many iterations) - I did came around battle angle Alita at a young age and I would guess that drawing style is about my favorite still.

Reactions: Aaron and BraveStar
OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'd place the following text from your post in a spoiler tag:
My only gripe was the story behind Nick Fury's left eye predicament .
Other than that I see no potential spoilers.

I agree. :)

I thought it was stupid enough to be entertaining haha. I'm not too into the MCU though, so I'm not very offended by the storyline or the character or anything.

I am a huge SciFi person and Marvel are my favorite movies, their cartoons not so much.

I think this is a fair stance on the film, and I think we need a spoiler tag on the forums now haha!

That would be cool. :laughing:

OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I watch those films always years later when they show up on Netflix or prime video and wonder what all the fuss was about back then.
The MCU movies are entertaining but little more.
(My kids stormed us into the cinema yesterday by accident but luckily there wasn't anything interesting for a family running)

I found Titans very good but maybe mostly because I never watched teen titans and didn't knew the characters well enough so when the real names dropped that was a big surprise to me.

I tried to read myself into Marvel when the first Iron man movie came up but found it to be really difficult because of the sheer mass and incoherence of the universe.
I did read quite some comics in my teens but never really that many super hero stories.
To be honest I never really found either the DC nor Marvel art stile really to my liking (I know there are many iterations) - I did came around battle angle Alita at a young age and I would guess that drawing style is about my favorite still.

I'm thankful I never got into comic books. The confusion of these universes would have had me going crazy if I would not have been able to read every comic out there just to make sure I can follow the stories properly. There are just too many books. And I only knew about them because of the movies and all the posts and videos online about these comic book storylines and how the movies deviated from them or came back to them.

Reactions: kunicross

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm thankful I never got into comic books. The confusion of these universes would have had me going crazy if I would not have been able to read every comic out there just to make sure I can follow the stories properly. There are just too many books. And I only knew about them because of the movies and all the posts and videos online about these comic book storylines and how the movies deviated from them or came back to them.
I guess it┬┤s something you really need to pick up at a young age.
One idea I had while writing was that maybe in a couple of decades MCU / DC could become a school topic as popular as Latin. ;) (not to say that the universes are bad but learning the various time and story lines could be about as fun as those genealogy tables in the old testament if done right)

I guess both Marvel and DC did fail a bit to give a incentive and root into the comic universe with their successful movies.

Reactions: BraveStar and Aaron