• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Music Thoughts on Musicals?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I love several movie musicals such as Mary Poppins and West Side Story which at the time of watching it for the first time I had no idea it was about Puerto Ricans. I would love to see live musicals. I'd give anything to see Hamilton.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Little known fact... I'm addicted to the musical Cats and I watch it all the time :). Its the first musical I ever saw and my first experience to it was actually a version done by local actors/singers at our performing arts center. Both versions were fantastic <3! It was that musical that actually got me to be in 3 school musicals myself when I was younger.

My favorite song from it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZQ_RgpO2T8

Reactions: BraveStar

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I love musicals and made sure my kids saw them as they grew up. My son asked to go see Fiddler when it came through Dallas (Topol's last tour). My daughter wanted to see a touring company doing South Pacific. I have lots of DVD musicals... ok only about 50. My favorites are the Rodgers & Hammerstein classics (particularly State Fair and The King And I).

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I never got into musicals... although that's most likely because anime/manga is my main feed :x

I did enjoy Avenue Q a lot back in middle school.

Reactions: kunicross
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I love several movie musicals such as Mary Poppins and West Side Story which at the time of watching it for the first time I had no idea it was about Puerto Ricans. I would love to see live musicals. I'd give anything to see Hamilton.

same, but SOOOO Expensive!

Little known fact... I'm addicted to the musical Cats and I watch it all the time :). Its the first musical I ever saw and my first experience to it was actually a version done by local actors/singers at our performing arts center. Both versions were fantastic <3! It was that musical that actually got me to be in 3 school musicals myself when I was younger.

My favorite song from it:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZQ_RgpO2T8

You learn something new everyday :O

Reactions: Aaron

kunicross

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I too never really got into musicals - there had been a couple of movies I liked as a child but that might be only because it was the only VHS around. (Annie I think we watched every time we visited my aunt)

But my daughter really likes singing so we might have to invest a bit more time there (shes 3 now and if you watch any movie with music she sings along even in foreign languages, I guess she has at least some talent there) even if that means I have to watch frozen the 357th time. (Im far beyond counting at this point)

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I too never really got into musicals - there had been a couple of movies I liked as a child but that might be only because it was the only VHS around. (Annie I think we watched every time we visited my aunt)

But my daughter really likes singing so we might have to invest a bit more time there (shes 3 now and if you watch any movie with music she sings along even in foreign languages, I guess she has at least some talent there) even if that means I have to watch frozen the 357th time. (Im far beyond counting at this point)

My Frozen was The Lion King! I understand that!

Also sorry about Hamilton @BraveStarrTG

Reactions: kunicross

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
My favorite HAS to be Fame. I saw it last year, and it was really great. I'm looking to maybe get into some drama programs myself! Fame has a great storyline, and its fun!

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I just don't get how people can get up even when they're having a bad day, and just dance on the street.. Some of it makes sense to sing, but every thing that goes on in life you don't have to sing and dance to.
Like , nobody sings about failing a test!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I find musicals a bit hit or miss. Some are awesome, some are a bit cringey. Moana was amazing (especially shiny), A Star Is Born was fanstastic (though maybe not technically a musical) sweeney todd was learning dangerously close to cringey. Moulin Rouge I don't think you can get much better, nor can you get much better than The Lion King. Less Miserables I could only get half into. The Phantom Of The Opera is probably the bar to reach.
I might have to check out La La Land.
Mamma Mia I think will remain unwatched lol.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I like them more now. As a musician in a former life, I appreciate them. I like "Wicked."

I really want someone to make Wolverine, the musical!

Last edited:

Dimi

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I love musicals and my favorite one has to be Les Miserables.

Guitar Hack

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Saturday Night Fever
Rocky Horror
I can't stand the happiness of most musicals. (Jazz Hands comes to mind) :scream: :vomit:
Or the Misery, or the .......
Funny but my surname used to be Von Trapp. lol. But WW1 fixed that.