• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Music Epic May Have Just Made Amazing History Today

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've been playing videogames since I was 5 years old back in 1980 and let me tell you, I have never seen anything quite like what I just saw today by Epic on Fortnite Battle Royal. Epic recently released a new skin by a popular DJ and streamer called Marshmello with items to match the skin and even some challenges. And then we found out that Epic was gonna have a special event in the game, a concert by Marshmello himself. Epic went so far as to creating a mode for the game specially designed to allow players to not only watch the concert without dying (lesson learned from past events) but that they could participate in the concert as there are special effects used during the concert that allowed players to jump in a low gravity environment to match the song lyrics and even at one point they were able to fly for a short period of time, again matching the lyrics of the music being played.

All in all, this being a game, the concert was amazing considering the shy was truly the limit. There were no limitations the fireworks they could create, the holograms and video used during the concert set to the beat of the music. This was truly an amazing experience even watched from a live stream on Twitch and/or Youtube.

Epic definitely topped their last even by doing something no other game that I know of has ever done, a concert in game where the players could be part of. This could definitely be considered the biggest concert in the world with millions of players in the game and millions more watching every live stream online. And is Marshmello was live during this concert (his voice could be heard during the concert) then this would definitely count as a legit concert.

I give Epic props for such an excellent event. I am not much of a Fortnite kinda person (my kids however are), I prefer PUBg and Call Of Duty, but this definitely kicked both those games butts. 2 thumbs up.

Below is a link to one of the live streams though I am sure you'll be able to find plenty of videos on this event on YT.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVdp0nObrYs

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Epic definitely topped their last even by doing something no other game that I know of has ever done, a concert in game where the players could be part of.
Now I can't stop thinking of Coalchella xD (though that is more fan-made), but I get ya, I haven't seen any other game developers host a concert.

I don't really think much about the whole concert thing, but that's mainly because I'm not really into battle royale games xP

Reactions: BraveStar
OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Now I can't stop thinking of Coalchella xD (though that is more fan-made), but I get ya, I haven't seen any other game developers host a concert.

I don't really think much about the whole concert thing, but that's mainly because I'm not really into battle royale games xP

I hear ya. I'm a gamer and PUBg was the only game able to draw me away from my obsession with COD, even with the game being bug-filled even to this date. But I just never could get into Fortnite. Now that you mention Coachella it makes me wonder if Epic would consider using that hologram tech in a future live event outside the game, perhaps somewhere like E3. That would actually be interesting.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I've not really gotten involved with the whole Fortnite hype train... That said I must admit when I saw the Marshmello skin I literally lost my mind LOL. Really wishing I'd of been able to witness this in-game myself but the video of it is AMAZING! They have to do this again :D!

OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've not really gotten involved with the whole Fortnite hype train... That said I must admit when I saw the Marshmello skin I literally lost my mind LOL. Really wishing I'd of been able to witness this in-game myself but the video of it is AMAZING! They have to do this again :D!

Actually, my understanding is they gonna do an encore 12 hours from the first concert. It was at 2PM EST so it will be 2AM EST. So you get a chance to watch again if you don't mind staying up till early in the morning unless you're in a different timezone.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/2/1...shmello-concert-exciting-bizarre-future-music

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
2AM EST is 11pm my time. I will most certainly be awake.

It would be a great experience to be in the game at the time but I understand you're not a Fortnite kinda person. I'm not one either but my kids are and they were there plus I watched the live stream.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
It would be a great experience to be in the game at the time but I understand you're not a Fortnite kinda person. I'm not one either but my kids are and they were there plus I watched the live stream.

I'm getting the game ready so that I can be there for the encore ;) Its gonna be amazing. I likely won't play it much after though because I'm not a big fan of the game overall. I just wanna experience Marshmello ;)

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Coachella is the og
steam steam steam.jpg