• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

In Progress Modify tags bulk in a playlist

rg74

Is there any way to update tags for a bunch of videos in bulk for a playlist?
I know there is an option to select video by video, but when you've got a lot of videos, this is a nightmare. And selecting all videos is not the point. So my need is select the playlist which is the object containing all the videos I want to modify tags.

Thank you.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Is there any way to update tags for a bunch of videos in bulk for a playlist?
I know there is an option to select video by video, but when you've got a lot of videos, this is a nightmare. And selecting all videos is not the point. So my need is select the playlist which is the object containing all the videos I want to modify tags.

Thank you.

Each video should have different tags, so my question is what would you need to change specifically tag wise? :)

OP
OP
rg74

rg74

Hi Andrew. Yes but no :) Imagine I'm recording a learning courseware. I split a specific topic in 3 videos. And I set Unity Lightmaps ( Part I ). Unity Lightmaps ( Part II ). Unity Lightmaps ( Part III ). In all of those videos the most important tags are Unity, and Lightmaps, but also the part of the video it is true that it is important, but probably for the guy who is looking for something like unity lightmaps, he's not aware about my video is split in 3 parts. So it is important to be able to add tags or similar tags to videos. In my case I review my tags, as you can guess, from a SEO point of view. You have to take a look to your competitors when we're talking about SEO. That means, you can decide to add some tags in specific moments. So for many videos in the same topic, you can consider it could be interesting to add several tags, that even they're related to your content, you didn't add in the moment of video uploading. Most in my case where most my videos are live always. So I hope you understand that the tool to add tags, is quite good to ADD, not just to replace all the existing tags. So add tags means, you can create a group of tags you consider related to many of your videos. Even taking in mind that the most important tags already added are the one that make the difference.

I hope you understand me. I'm not native english.

Thank you very much.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Andrew. Yes but no :) Imagine I'm recording a learning courseware. I split a specific topic in 3 videos. And I set Unity Lightmaps ( Part I ). Unity Lightmaps ( Part II ). Unity Lightmaps ( Part III ). In all of those videos the most important tags are Unity, and Lightmaps, but also the part of the video it is true that it is important, but probably for the guy who is looking for something like unity lightmaps, he's not aware about my video is split in 3 parts. So it is important to be able to add tags or similar tags to videos. In my case I review my tags, as you can guess, from a SEO point of view. You have to take a look to your competitors when we're talking about SEO. That means, you can decide to add some tags in specific moments. So for many videos in the same topic, you can consider it could be interesting to add several tags, that even they're related to your content, you didn't add in the moment of video uploading. Most in my case where most my videos are live always. So I hope you understand that the tool to add tags, is quite good to ADD, not just to replace all the existing tags. So add tags means, you can create a group of tags you consider related to many of your videos. Even taking in mind that the most important tags already added are the one that make the difference.

I hope you understand me. I'm not native english.

Thank you very much.

This sounds very similar to our tag list feature, where you can save tags, and then apply them in a list to videos :)

OP
OP
rg74

rg74

Yes but applying to all videos in the playlist at a time. Not one by one as I have to do it today. You know what I mean?