• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

What will be your next lens?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I have a nice little set of 24mm, 50mm and 70-210mm old school Canon FD glass. Next I want to get the 300mm prime for some birding action on the river, then maybe get a 35mm prime to fill the gap between the 24 and 50.

While the 24mm is adequately wide enough with a focal reducer, a 17mm would be better. The 17mm Canon FD is so much more than I'm willing to pay at this point. When looking for vintage glass it's often more cost effective to buy the more common focal lengths first, then add the more extreme focal lengths as you need them.

GearVlogz

TubeBuddy Pro
www.gearvlogz.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm0 looking for my next lens to be a 24-70mm Canon EF. Just need to save up and just keep checking Craigslist and Facebook Market for deals.

Reactions: Damon

Greneey

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Well, that's a hard question.
My next lens for my "Toy-box" would be a Entaniya HAL 250.
Yet a Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM will be more usable in everyday life.

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Depends what I'm buying for.

A 16-35 F/2.8L III from Canon would be both very fun and practical for vlog use and some photography uses.
Bit of a ridiculous purchase for me would be one of Canon's Cinema Prime lenses like the 50mm T1.3 but its something I'd find fun to have and use.

I have a pretty obscure collection of lenses because I have stuff for shooting anything from Aircraft to Jewelry so there isn't much I feel a need to buy, anything more at this point would be for fun.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Depends what I'm buying for.

A 16-35 F/2.8L III from Canon would be both very fun and practical for vlog use and some photography uses.
Bit of a ridiculous purchase for me would be one of Canon's Cinema Prime lenses like the 50mm T1.3 but its something I'd find fun to have and use.

I have a pretty obscure collection of lenses because I have stuff for shooting anything from Aircraft to Jewelry so there isn't much I feel a need to buy, anything more at this point would be for fun.

Great pieces of glass!