• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Movies/TV The latest Avengers Trailer!

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I was a bit disappointed by the name. I was expecting them to keep the Infinity Wars name and just add another one. It was how they put it in the timeline they announced a while back.

This movie will have a lot to live up to. I was having an interesting argument about what the movie will entail on another social media site. The idea that 50% of life was extinguished by Thanos wasn't the only result of his snap. Collateral damage was also a huge result of his snap and thus more than 50% of life was eliminated. But the first movie focused a lot on the 50% and this trailer seems to continue to focus on that. I just hope the movie doesn't ignore the fact that the world should not be functioning normally now that 50% of the people were extinguished and possibly another 10 to 15% more died as a result of the first 50% and on top of that the world economy had to have changed, food had to have become scarce for a while thus more people died. And lets not forget all the people who were in positions that oversaw places like nuclear power plants and prisons. And also the women who were pregnant that died as part of the 50% which also too with them their unborn children.

In essence the number of people that died on earth as part of the 50% may have caused the death of another 15% of humanity right afterwards and then maybe another 5% some time after. Thus the world should be in shambles in the movie, all while everyone left alive is likely mourning. On top of all of that the leftover Avengers have to find a way to fix all of this disaster.

You can imagine how that argument was going. Talk about trying to be to logical in a movie made of superheroes in a fantasy universe. LOL

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I was a bit disappointed by the name. I was expecting them to keep the Infinity Wars name and just add another one. It was how they put it in the timeline they announced a while back.

This movie will have a lot to live up to. I was having an interesting argument about what the movie will entail on another social media site. The idea that 50% of life was extinguished by Thanos wasn't the only result of his snap. Collateral damage was also a huge result of his snap and thus more than 50% of life was eliminated. But the first movie focused a lot on the 50% and this trailer seems to continue to focus on that. I just hope the movie doesn't ignore the fact that the world should not be functioning normally now that 50% of the people were extinguished and possibly another 10 to 15% more died as a result of the first 50% and on top of that the world economy had to have changed, food had to have become scarce for a while thus more people died. And lets not forget all the people who were in positions that oversaw places like nuclear power plants and prisons. And also the women who were pregnant that died as part of the 50% which also too with them their unborn children.

In essence the number of people that died on earth as part of the 50% may have caused the death of another 15% of humanity right afterwards and then maybe another 5% some time after. Thus the world should be in shambles in the movie, all while everyone left alive is likely mourning. On top of all of that the leftover Avengers have to find a way to fix all of this disaster.

You can imagine how that argument was going. Talk about trying to be to logical in a movie made of superheroes in a fantasy universe. LOL

I don't think food would have been more scarce leading to more dead. Half the human race eating half the food is still pretty consistent with the full human race eating the full availability of food. I think it would all balance out effectively, except for industries where there's only ONE person. Half the amount of prison staff keeping an eye on half the amount of prisoners doesn't seem like a huge change.
I don't think the world would be in shambles from a physical standpoint but you can bet your butt it's going to suffer immeasurably from a mental standpoint which is why I'm glad Thanos managed to win. We get to explore a whole new concept that you don't really see explored in movies often.

I just love how they cut off Infinity war. The snap, and then leaving us with a year of unanswered questions, a year of living with the realization of "OMG WTF THEY ACTUALLY DID THAT" and I love that we didn't actually get to see much of the ramification of the actions. The movie just ended and it was left to us to build an image in our heads of what's happened, what will happen and what might happen. We don't know, and that's what makes the next movie so exciting to me. We get see the impact and results.

It instantly makes the movie a whole lot more interesting than just a bunch of heros fighting a bad guy to try and stop something. We rarely see the heros fail (which is why I LOVED the first SAW movie) we're used to seeing the hero win, so I was actually rooting for Thanos to win because I didn't want it to be another movie with no consequences for a villain making a threat. I wanted to see "what would happen IF that actually happened" and we got to see that which is amazing and left such an impact. So seeing how it plays out will automatically make it more interesting.

I'd actually love it if Thanos wins again (if he's even alive after the snap?)
No one would expect the heros to lose twice in a series. We're expecting the next one to resolve the issues and bring back our heros that we lost. In reality, that doesn't happen, so it would be cool to see this build up to something we expect to happen in the movie, only for it to not actually happen, and then have that permanency really burn int until the 3rd episode. You get the shock of the first, a REALLY unexpected shock in the second, and then the resolution in the third, ending the story arch. That's how I'd do it if I were the director and producers.

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It's here!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA6hldpSTF8

What are your thoughts?

I'm excited to see the ending, and am cautiously optimistic!
In case you haven't seen captain marvel yet, the post-credit scene was nice.

Most people tend to stay at the credits because there is always post credit scenes. Earlier in Avengers: Infinity War we had seen Nick Fury getting snapped along with his partner. He has a pager that calls captain marvel, and she said to him to only use it ΓÇ£in case of emergencyΓÇ¥. At that scene, the pager flashes with Captain Marvel's logo on it.

The people who were spared, however are in the new hq and it reports on a screen that millions of people are going missing (aka snapped) every day . The Avengers attempt to get a signal from it, however they think it fails. Suddenly, Captain Marvel appears and says ΓÇ£Where's Fury?ΓÇ¥

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I just Capt Marvel - so I finally saw the Avengers trailer. I really enjoyed Capt Marvel but realized I really do not care about the Avengers. They forgot how to be fun. They have been taking themselves too seriously since Capt America 2... I have seen them all, but wait for DVD.

Capt Marvel was the first time I went to the theater since either Guardians 2 or Antman (not Wasp... Antman 1). I really can't remember ha ha. We get few American movies and I am burned out on the Avengers. But the Marvel splash screen of Stan almost brought tears to my eyes. And I loved the Kevin Smith shout out Stan did ha ha (Mallrats)

Bitbat

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yes and it apparently has a spoiler in it :thinking:
I honestly don't get those people who put " THINGS THAT ONLY TRUE FANS NOTICE IN THE TRAILER".
Honestly, regular people can notice it too.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Good to know, I'll try and avoid watching it :)
The problem with this trailer is the more they show, the less mystery of who comes back and who stays gone there is. I kind of want to go into this one not knowing a thing.
Yeah, I usually stick to one trailer if I enjoyed it and I want to watch it when it comes out xP

I honestly don't get those people who put " THINGS THAT ONLY TRUE FANS NOTICE IN THE TRAILER".
Honestly, regular people can notice it too.
People gotta be different. They don't want to be stuck with the "regular" crowd.